Tazer gun, self test, lmao

1730V

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tazer gun, self test, lmao

Good for you bubbakat. I might not have shown so much restraint.

gaugeguy

Captain

Funny how blinding pain will change someones mind, huh?<br /><br />You should write a book Bubba ;)

brother chris

Commander

Well, at first I was going to respond with this story, but after reading it, I couldn't stop laughing. <br />Here in Vancouver, B.C.Canada, we are having an issue about tazer guns. So far they have killed a couple people. <br />There is a public inquiry about the use of these with the police force. <br />The cops hid from the public that one guy died from it. At first they said he died of unknown causes, but a month later they publicly announced that the tazer killed him. <br />The fellow was high on either heroin or crack and when they tazed him....poof...no more bad guy. <br />I know some people are thinking...oh well...a bad guy died...oh well. <br />That's not it though...our police force is using them on people during riots and one innocent person died from getting tazed. <br />I am for tazers but I think we need to learn more about them before they are used. <br />Is there any related deaths in the USA from using tazers? Any innocent people die from the use of them? <br />Bet there is.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Of course people die from them. Any shock to the body can stop a heart that is already on the edge.<br />What are we supposed to do? Just let them go? The criminals already have more rights than the victims. The criminals have a choice that is to not engage in criminal activity. That goes for protesters too. They get out of control, they can expect to get hurt.

brother chris

Commander

I understand that criminals should have NO right. At least that is my belief. If you commit a crime, you should be punished, to the full extent of they law.<br />But what I am saying is that just because some 16yr old who breaks into a car, shouldn't be killed for his actions. Sure break his leg, beat the crap out of him, but he should not be killed for it. <br />I just think that more tests should be done before they are used. <br />If they were proved to not kill anyone, I would get one. <br />And I tell ya, if I ever caught someone breaking into my car, and I had one of those tazer guns, I would be shocking the guy until the cops came. <br />In fact I would wait a bit to call the cops, just so I could tazer him a bit more. <br />So don't get me wrong here, I am for them, they just need more studies done to prove that they don't kill people.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

DAMN that was funny,You find your nads yet? You should have tried it with the cat first!<br /><br /><br /> Jim

bubbakat

Captain

Chris it has proven to be the least leathel force that we have in our arsenal.<br />We have bean bage guns ,pepper spray, shock shields, and tazers. Oh and don't for get the good ole mag light. :eek: <br />We can't just shoot any one we want. We have to be in fear for our or someones safty.<br />But of course I walk around all the time in fear :D :D <br /> SHOCK-A-CON I love that. I am gonna have that painted on the shield inside my cruiser.

brother chris

Commander

Bubbakat. On the news they said more insight was needed for them cause of the people who die when the tazer is used. <br />Maybe it was a slow news day for them? I don't know. <br />And don't get me wrong, I don't believe everything I hear on T.V. <br />I guess it matters if the person doing the crime is high on drugs. And if that is the case, then I guess it's their problem. Shouldn't do the crime if you can't accept the punishment when you get caught. <br /><br />Shock-a-con... :D :D :D :D :D

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Those Tasers have another use according to some: as an anti-snakebite treatment. One of the proponents of this said he expected his friends to shock his bite to neutralize the poison & thereby save his life if he got bit by some Amazonian poison snake. If they could catch him first, that is!<br /><br />Don't know whether this notion was proven or disproved. Can't say I'd care to volunteer to try it.<br /><br />Too funny, GG!

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

hey bubbakat<br />Have they changed the rules on using the shield where you are at? here they won't let us use it if we have used pepper spray frist. some where in upstate NY I think they sprayed one then hit him with the shield and..POOF!!! up in flames.<br />and because are use of force scale calls for spray frist...no more ERD'S...no more shock-a-con

bubbakat

Captain

Jim in our most recent policy and procedure book ( which as you know changes every day) We have to use shock-a- con before we even use the spray.<br />Yes we got a flyer on the flame out deal.<br />Another word for chrispy critter :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Here in Texas they have outlawed the sheild. A correctional officer at one of the Gatesville units was training with it and it killed him. The guy was an older feller with a bad heart. About 4 hours after he was shocked he died of a heart attack.

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ive got a tazer and I was at my parents house and one of the dogs ran down the street so I jumped in my moms car cause mine was in the back yard and the tazer was on my belt. I shifted in the seat as i turned a corner and the console flipped the switch and it starting zapping my right leg which spasmed and jammed the gas pedal to the floor. I managed to slide over enough to get the button unpushed. Man it felt like my thigh was hit by a hammer the rest of the day.