Tazer gun, self test, lmao

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tazer gun, self test, lmao

Reminds me of the time I bought LF one of those chemical spray key chain things they sold for women's protection. Took it out in the yard to make sure it actually sprayed. Forgot to make sure it was pointed in the right direction. Sprayed myself in the face. Not near as funny as LF seemed to think.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Mr Ladyfish. I sprayed one at a dumpster once. I had found it on the ground near it, and wanted to just get a whif of the stuff. Well I was to damn close to the dumpster, because it bounced back at me. I got it right in the eyes! The next thing I know, I was sitting on the ground trying to get the water out of my eyes after the hurting dulled down.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Thats hilarious Gg. The attention to detail is<br />gut splitting.<br />I got's to get me one of them whirly gigs.

aspeck

Staff member

WAY TOO FUNNY! Sure GG, it was someone else. Right. We all believe you.

gaugeguy

Captain

OK, it was me :rolleyes: <br /><br />When I was in the corps, we rolled out for morning formation. One Marine was not there, so some guys went to his room to check on him. They found him in his room, dead, with an electrical cord plugged into the wall socket and the other end taped to his, well, his man marbles. :rolleyes: <br /><br />JB, if your son was in 29 palms in '86 for comm-elec school, ask him about that.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Bubbakat wrote: Guys it does hurt. I am certified on one and you have to be zapped with it to get certified to use it. <br /><br />I believe you but that is absurd. Who thought that rule up? Do you have to be shot with a 9mm to carry one of those?

oddjob

Commander

dead, with an electrical cord plugged into the wall socket and the other end taped to his, well, his man marbles. <br />
Was he trying to kill himself?....we'll never know I guess...sounds as if he realy needed that electronics school...no voltage regulator or nothin.... :rolleyes:

SlowlySinking

and now another useless piece of trivia, the fellow who invented the TASER needed a name for his device, he remembered from his childhood a fictional character named Tom A. Swift and Tom A. Swift had an electric rifle, hence; <br /><br />Tom A. Swift Electric Rifle, or TASER, <br /><br /> ;)

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

you have got to love the new toys on the market<br />I to have had to be hit with one in training <br />You should try the shield that we have it has 12 diffrent contact points on it when you are pinned to the wall and the guy on the other side smiles at you just befor he hits the switch you know you are in trouble

bubbakat

Captain

1730v wrote I believe you but that is absurd. Who thought that rule up? Do you have to be shot with a 9mm to carry one of those? <br />No we aren't shot with our weapons but if you have to face a lawyer after using one of these you have to be able to answer when he ask you do you really know what one of those things does to you.<br />I have used one and have answered that question on the witness stand.<br /><br />Jim I know all about that shield to and I usually am the one doing the grinning. :D

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Bubbakat, I think I would have asked the lawyer if he knew what it felt like and then zapped him.<br />I feel for you having to deal with such nonsense. Has anyone ever whacked themselves over the head with a billy club? Ridiculous.

ebbtide176

Commander

dang, 1730V just made me realize i should've been applying for law enforcement. i have valuable experience to testify with :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Oddjob, I don't think he was trying to kill himself, just get his jollies...didn't work out the way he wanted it to I suspect :rolleyes: <br /><br />Bubba, so where did you get zapped? Did it just hurt, or did it incapacitate you? Have you ever had to "light up someone's life"?

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by bubbakat:<br /> ....but if you have to face a lawyer after using one of these you have to be able to answer when he ask you do you really know what one of those things does to you..... :D
I think all the lawyers need to experience it first hand, so they will know. I'd also like to watch that.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I think all the lawyers need to experience it first hand, so they will know. I'd also like to watch that.<br />
watch it my rear end ... put it in my hand!! :D <br /><br />funy read gaugeguy!!! thnx for the chuckles

aspeck

Staff member

Mr. Ladyfish, be careful! Ladyfish has one ordered and she will want to try it out! Run and hide while there is still time!

Mr.Ladyfish

One thing I've learned in 28 years is that there is nowhere to hide when that woman is looking for me. She's got some weird sense that tells her exactly where to look.

bubbakat

Captain

GG said
Bubba, so where did you get zapped? Did it just hurt, or did it incapacitate you? Have you ever had to "light up someone's life"?
It hurt like heck and knocked my but to the floor for about ten min.<br />We use the pistol grip type with the cartridges and probes. Got little barbs on it like fish hooks.<br />Have to be removed by medical personal.<br />Yes I have lit some up with that thing and it will take all the juice out of them.<br />We had one guy we caught breaking into cars at an apartment complex and he was going to be mister bad guy.<br /> I am the first on the scene and he said your too da%% old to be taking me in. I un-holstered the tazar and set the red dot on his big arse body (chest area) and pulled the trigger.<br />He goes down like a ton of ( you know what) looks up with tight lips and said is that all I squeezed the trigger again and he moans and thrashes around for a min. then looks at me and said sir I believe that will do it.<br />I said ok now get up and place your hands behind you. All else was a cake walk.<br />I love those things.<br />BTW this is just one of many I have zapped.