Tahoe Q4 SF Porpoising???????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captdave662

Recruit
Re: Tahoe Q4 SF Porpoising???????????????

I also have a 2006 Tahoe Q4 SF that I purchased new. Proposing was a problem until I installed a SE 300 Hydrofoil fin on the outdrive. It cost about 50.00, was easy to install and made a big difference. At first I was a little reluctant out of fear that it would affect the speed on the top end but it didn't. With the Hydrofoil it now gives a much better ride at slower speeds..

biggs08

Cadet

Hey all! I have a 08 Q6 f/s that I have the trim tabs 60lbs installed and they helped but didn't totally take the porpoising out. Can I have both the hydro foil and tabs or will it cause a problem?? Also I have been looking to replace my factory prop. Any ideas. Sorry to jump topics.....Thanks for any help.

opieandy1

Cadet

I have a 2006 Q4 and had the same issues. I installed the Smart Tabs SX and the problem went away. It also reduced the bow rise at initial acceleration.
Love them!:D

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How far out are you trimming your outdrive? I have the 06 Q6 with the same tabs and with the outdrive trimmed in all the way there is no porpoising. I trim the motor out until it just starts to porpoise or starts to slow down and then trim it back in a little. This works best in flat water or water with a slight chop. In water with a lot of wake just trim it in some more. Calm water with the bimini top down I have hit 60.2 mph on the GPS using this method. My trim guage is unreliable to say the least so I just use my ear to trim the noat and it works great.

biggs08

Cadet

Thanks Mccownk! That must be my problem, because I remember the tabs correcting my problem and then I took the boat to a pretty shallow spotted lake where the trim was up and down a lot with at no wake speed and mt buddy had said "man your boat shouldn't cut back and fourth like that and I never remember it doing that. but didn't know about the trim being the factor. Thanks! I'm excited to get the boat back in the water to test it.

Mark latting

Recruit
I have a 2004 I got from a friend that bought it new, it has a 4 blade stainless prop, took it out 1st time last Sunday the bow bounced uncontrollably, just me and my wife take of gas 4.3 and a small cooler, wife gets on bow and cooler in front before it helped any. Anything over 25 mph or any disruption in water back to bouncing. Any thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.