Tahoe 1950 (how do I work the livewell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe1950_jc

Recruit
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and also new to the boating industry.
I recently bought a new Tahoe 1950 and I took my boat out this past weekend and couldn't get my livewell to work. I turned on the switch in the front helmn and did not hear water getting pump to the livewell. Are there other switches or knob for me to turn on for it to operate?
thanks in advance.

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
Not sure how the switches are labeled, but most have a switch to fill the live well and another to circulate or aerate the water in the well. Are you sure you turned on the right switch? Make sure all hoses are connected and that the pump is hooked to your battery. if there's a battery switch, make sure that the switch is on the right battery to run the live-well.

Also, if you just bought the boat, and it's not working right, I'd contact the dealer and have them address the issue for you if you can't figure it out. Good luck!

Tahoe1950_jc

Recruit
Thomw, I'll double check the hose and also the power connector from the battery to the livewell pump this weekend. I also contacted the dealer and made a appt. Hopefully I can figure it out.
btw, I just have a base livewell I think it maybe a manual one.
pump water in and gravity drain plus a overflow hole on the top side.
Well keep you updated.

Thanks.

Tahoe1950_jc

Recruit
Update:
after checking the fuse box I found out that there was a blown fuse for the ACC slot. I replaced it with the same 5amp fuse and turned on the livewell switch and heard the livewell pump buzzing. I'll be taking the boat out this weekend and see how it goes.
thanks

cbredesen

Recruit
Update:
after checking the fuse box I found out that there was a blown fuse for the ACC slot. I replaced it with the same 5amp fuse and turned on the livewell switch and heard the livewell pump buzzing. I'll be taking the boat out this weekend and see how it goes.
thanks
We have a 2150CC and similar question. I'll check our fuses. But did you have to manually fill the livewell or did it fill automatically? Unclear how this is meant to work...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We have a 2150CC and similar question. I'll check our fuses. But did you have to manually fill the livewell or did it fill automatically? Unclear how this is meant to work...
The OP got his fix and left, never to return. Start a thread of your own.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.