Swivel Seats?

mherndon

Seaman Apprentice
I am in the process of restoring an old Galaxy. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with swivel seats? I was considering placing a seivel seat for both the passenger and driver seat. I want it to be adjustable in height and do a complete 360 degree rotation, maybe even just a 180.

My main concern is if when I give it full throttle, is it going to spin everyone around so that we face the back of the boat? Is there a swivel that is able to be locked into position that anyone know's of?

Thanks!

Frayed_Knot

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Swivel Seats?

I have been looking for a good option for swivel pedestal seats as well. I have been looking at the Swivl-Eze 238 series - they have a locking position and are rated for driver and passenger you might want to check those out. http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/category/swivl-eze/238-series

I will be watching this thread as I am very curious to see what some of the experts here have to say.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Most swivels lock in position for just the reason you mentioned.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Swivels are available for what you want, they will spin, but depending on how much you spend you can get them with a spin nut, lock device to hold it facing forward or any direction you desire. The other option on pedestals I prefer is the air shock, for bumpy rides. If you can get this, I really recommend it

mherndon

Seaman Apprentice

I like the air shock option, that sounds like it would be great! I didn't realize that they are so expensive. I was thinking like $20! Anyway, I was also considering the seating components of an office chair or computer chair. You can get one of those cheap and just use the pump arm and base plate from it. But, I wouldn't be able to make it lock.

Thanks for yalls help!