Swap drives from one boat to another. How many day project?

Scott06

Vice Admiral
After digging farther into the ‘new’ boat. I’m not putting it on the water. Few things that could be fisherman fixed good enough to make it out. But that’s not me.

I’m not sure that the alternator and starter are marine components, but that’s ok as I have those. But the engine runs nice and most importantly no oil leaks. Gimbal bearing is screaming tho… and the previous owner didn’t tighten the hoses, leading to the slight leakage
So are you swapping this engine into original boat ?

matt167

Captain
So are you swapping this engine into original boat ?
Yup. That was always the plan. I just figured I would be able to use this parts boat while I worked the kinks out of the StarCraft. The engine that I just put in the StarCraft has been leaking from the rear main and I didn’t know until I pulled it out of the Four Winns it belonged to.. this will give me a good engine and a spare

This Regal came with a tube, and a brand new 16x 19p Quicksilver black diamond prop as well

matt167

Captain
Spent today swapping over the gauges. I don't have a picture but the gauges from the 4 Winns ( original parts boat ) kinda fit the old Mercruiser dash panel. They are the correct size except the original gauges were flush mount, and the new gauges are clamp in. So they fit tight against each other and I needed to modify the u brackets. I will manufacture a new dash panel at some point and put in some purdy gauges, but this is a working set so for now it goes

I've also got to redo the trim switches if I decide to buy a good used Mercontrol to replace the sloppy one. Tomorrow hopefully the new helm and cable can go in. and I'll replace the dash panel. Depending on my time tomorrow, I may put some water and fuel to it and at least fire a new engine up in the boat.