Suzuki Outboard "Warranty Nightmare"

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Suzuki Outboard "Warranty Nightmare"

Hey Steelie, I just E-mailed Suzuki marine and told them about this forum which has about 6,000 boating members(and still growing). Word of Mouth can have a definite effect against their sales. I just told them due to their warrenty problems, I won't be interested in Suzuki when I am ready to purchase. If others would get into the SuzukiMarine website and mention the same thing, just maybe you will get some type of results. Good luck.....

fatboy

Cadet

I don't have a 70 4 stroke but I do have 2 year 2000 DT225's. I had a similar run with Suzuki and their non-existent warranty. I had and still have problems with the shifting on my counter rotator. I have learned to just live with it and plan on selling the boat in a year. I contacted the Corp office many times only get some idiot even when I spoke to the warranty manager. All I can say is good luck. These engines are cheap compared to the competition and you certainly get what you pay for. :eek:

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

Why aren't you guys with the ZUKI problems raising hell with the people you purchased it from. Does he not have any respect for the customer. If not make it tough for him.

fatboy

Cadet

I tried but they are now out of business. I would not trust them to touch my boat again anyway. They really screwed it up. At least they got what they deserve...

rtice

Cadet

Pursuit2150, I have turned the dealership into the Better Business Bureau and the MN Attorney Generals Office. I have heard back from both and they are doing what they can. The BBB was unable to contact the dealer, as he closed for the season. I have a copy of the letter that the Attorney Generals Office sent the dealership. The last time I talked with the dealer, he referred me to the Suzuki Rep, and hung up on me. That's what I'm dealing with.

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

rtice Well you are off on the right track. I might suggest you now send some more letters out, say certified to Suzuki,even you'r local polititions,etc. YOU WILL WIN> It just takes patience.

billybob

Recruit

Stellie,<br />Sorry to hear of your Suzuki troubles.<br />That kind of wait time for parts is unacceptable.<br />I Bought Evinrude four stoke in 1999 that blew the head gasket on every run.<br />The first repair took five months.<br />The second time & gave it back to my dealer as evinrude went belly up at the same time.<br />They gave me a nissan & it runs well.<br />I think you have A good Better business case.<br />Billybob<br /> :)

its-a-sweater

Seaman

Guess what folks? Suzuki made the Evinrude four strokes. Are we surprised?

Steelie

Cadet

Pusuit2150, It did me no good to raise hell with the dealer. I was constantly told it was out of their hands, that the final decision was up to the area tech support manager. I called Customer service in Brea,CA and they would tell me the same. Guess who you are forbidden to talk to?? Right, the area tech manager. It didnt matter which dealership I called trying to get the tech managers phone number, I was always told the same "Customers are not allowed to talk to the tech manager" It is an endless nightmare. The customer is not allowed to contact the very person that is going to make the final decision. I have also filed with the BBB and sent a certified letter. It's worse than dealing with the government.

Steelie

Cadet

I just got my boat back !!! The dealer said it ran well during the test. I am headed for the Columbia river tomorrow to do some steelhead fishing. Hopefully I won't have a problem. An engine trade is definetly in my future. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for all your support

EatMoreFish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Boy that sound like the same thing I got from Chevy about a van I had. I now drive a Dodge

Delta4

Recruit

I've read all the above and after further thought, just wanted to give my support and I did let Suzuki Motor have my thoughts. I plan to have no future purchasing of any Suzuki products, since this must be representative of their service departments. I'm glad I read this forum!!!

Kiwi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good Luck Steelie ! Pleased your finally back on the water
3hand.gif
<br /><br />Mike

bundy

Seaman

Steelie, funny how quick things seemed to resolve after you posted on this forum. Maybe manufacturers do respect the power of the internet! Good luck with your motor,hopefully your problems are behind you.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

"Suzuki so far has refused to replace the entire outboard and are unable to get replacement parts before Jan 2002. A complete powerhead is not even available. That would be a total of 5 months, yes 5 months if the parts even show up in Jan."<br /><br />Don't think the Internet has anything to do to it soo far. It seems that some people have second thoughts about buying a new Suzuki after reading this thread. I would for sure. Even if it's a good product it will need some parts now and then. I hope Suzuki will recognize and deal with their problems. Maybe they are selling more than they expected and their organization wasn't prepared for it.<br /><br />Steelie, I hope your Suzuki will run just fine from now on. Still think you should have some compensation for lost boating time.<br /><br />/Bear

letsbarbq

Petty Officer 1st Class

hello, i am a first time user of this site. i must say that you nightmare is another man's blessing. thank you for the wise words and hope your boat last long. i just called back my local suzuki dealer and with drew my order for the twin 115 four stroke. i'm going to go with yamaha and pay a little more.<br /><br />anyone with problems with yamaha???

rtice

Cadet

Murx, Thanks for the additional exposure to another message board with lots of new viewers. We need to get the word out. Steelie and I have compared serial numbers and there are nearly 120,000 serial numbers between our motors. These all could be potential candidates for this type of failure. We feel more people have had this failure with the DF60/70. We need to hear from those owners. Thanks for helping get the word out. rtice

MURX

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Reading this really burned my tail, to top it off a freind just bought one, a 70hp 4 stroke for his new panga down in Mex, I'm affraid they are in for a bad time when the need comes for parts or service. really a raw deal, I hope someone is looking for a Job in Brea after this little dose of reality. I really feel the Dealer coulda went above and beyond what he did for this guy, now they both have a reputation made of MUD