Stupid Quotes about Hurricane Katrina

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Stupid Quotes about Hurricane Katrina

Originally posted by Noodles:<br /> Any idiot, yes, I said IDIOT, who believes this catasptrophe can be laid at Bush's feet oughta be drawn and quartered. NO is 300+ years old and has been below sea level since its establishment. That it was founded there is astonishing. The fact that people actually lend any credence to the view any single administration can be held accountable for this is as absurd as any cr*p I've ever read or heard. Wake up.
sorry professor, must disagree...it was founded at or near sea level; it has been sinking due to compaction at a rate of 2-to-3 feet per century because levees prevent the annual flooding from the Mississippi that once compensated for compaction by depositing sediment there. Oil & gas extraction also contribute to the sinking, and sea level has risen nearly eight inches. Imagine how hard it would have been in 1718 to build levees, then pump water out, since the location would have held standing water had it been below sea level at the time.<br /><br />The rest I agree with, how stupid would it be to think the federal government is responsible for this disaster. Were you directing that at anyone in particular?

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

OK, I stand corrected. It was founded when it was at sea level. Does that make any more sense? I don't think so. And yes, my comment about stupidity is directed at any imbecile who is willing to admit he/she thinks this is one person's or group's fault or should be held accountable for the mistakes made by generations and millions of residents who have chosen to conveniently ignore that they live in the middle of an estuary.<br /><br />Remember Sam Kinnison (SP?)<br />This is a river bed. We have river beds too. We just don't live in them. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> No "need" other than to call a spade a spade.<br /><br />Sir, I'd say your side has the explaining to do. It's obvious as hell to me that there's only one thing that matters to the left, and that is POWER. And it is also obvious to me that from the left's perspective, the end justifies the means---and that's classic marxist doctrine. Damn, I am surprised...NOT.<br /><br />Would I claim Bush has made no mistakes? No. But you people want to make an impeachment issue out of anything that the media can spin into an alleged "mistake." For that reason, we'll give you NOT AN INCH.<br /><br />There are marxist paradises al over Europe. I suggest that you who are so intent on hioghjacking America just forget it, and emigrate---like so many of you promised in 2000 and 2004.
There you go again with more hostility. what exactly is "my side?" This is the first I've heard mention of "impeachment," why would you want to invent things to attack me for?<br /><br />What's all this about "highjacking America" and "marxism?" Where is all this agression coming from?<br /><br />I have opinions, they may be different from yours, you are certainly free to say so. This is America, and even though I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it.<br /><br />Think about this: if the end does not justify the means, then there is no justification for killing anyone, ever, not even in war.<br /><br />It's an opinion: agree, disagree, debunk, debate or ridicule anything I say, but when you start putting words in my mouth and tossing around insults, it says much more about you than about me.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Too bad bush didn't say anything stupid as it applies to the posts we spoke of. You clearly have a blind spot when it comes to our discussion. Bush was correct and accurate in his statement. He was taken out of context.<br /><br />FWIW, you are correct about NO being above sea level at the time of its inception. When they rerouted the river the sediment that supported the delta was lost. It is sinking and every year that goes by it sinks a little more.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

dogsdad, man are you the pot calling the kettle black? EVERYTHING you said about the left is 100% correct if applied to the right, just open your eyes. And the list, while possibly taken out of context, can not be half-truths if the expressions were actually stated, unless those making the statements are guilty of uttering half-truths themselves. The quotes are therefore true, because the "half-truths" were actually said. Are you possessing enough intelligence to understand? Or has the republican party enough of a control on your thought patterns that you can only believe what the red party's spin department tells you?<br /><br />And if baby bush was really competent to handle an emergency like this, then explain this,<br />"On Aug. 26, Louisiana's governor signed a declaration of a state of emergency. In response, on Aug. 27, Bush declared officially a state of emergency in Louisiana and his press office announced: "The president's action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster-relief efforts ... to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures ... to save lives, protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe ..." <br /><br />And please try to keep the spin out of your replies, as it only lessens your credibility. I would truly like solid, sunstantiable replies. The original post had sources. But if it doesn't agree with the republican party's needs/desires/purposes it can't be right, no matter how many credible sources say it is.<br /><br />And no personal attacks please, it's truly juvenile.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just to head off any personal attacks trying to point out an irony, I did not personally attack dogsdad in my first line of my last post, I merely asked him a question to point out a possible oversight considering the high level of emotion obviously running through his posts. Sometimes you need a nudge to settle down, that is what I intended.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

And the list, while possibly taken out of context, can not be half-truths if the expressions were actually stated, unless those making the statements are guilty of uttering half-truths themselves. The quotes are therefore true, because the "half-truths" were actually said. Are you possessing enough intelligence to understand?
Perhaps your intelligence is where the problem in understaning lies as your statement is truely obtuse. If bush stated he wanted to kill kerry in a dream, and the press printed the statement that bush wanted to kill kerry, it would be a half truth. And that is what is going on with these quotes.<br /><br />This is a common technique used to marginalize people. It only works on those who do not or cannot make themselves available to all the facts or hear the entire context to which the statement can be attributed. It is also a technique used by the intellectually dishonest. If you would like to see more examples please subscribe to the NY Times.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

There you go again with the personal attacks. Is that all ya got?<br /><br />You're a republican, right? Did Barbara do the party any favors when she suggested the evacuees were better off homeless? Because in context that is exactly what she said.<br /><br />And how about Delay, asking three boys who had just witnessed the absolute worst conditions possible, people dying around them, rapes, violence, lost their homes, maybe lost family members, "this is kind of fun, right?" That is what he said and the context in which he said it.<br /><br />That make you proud?<br /><br />And under what circumstances would you stand in front of people who had just lost everything they owned except the clothes on their backs, including irreplaceable things like photo albums, maybe missing family members, and brag about restoring your rich friend's beach house to former glory and by the way, I'm invited and you're not.<br /><br />Is there a context in which those are not cruel, insensitive things to say?<br /><br />Maybe you'd rather not know about 'em. I can understand that. But the world knows about 'em.<br /><br />You mad because a blogger compiled the list? Okay, get mad at the blogger. But he didn't utter the words.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Jtexas,<br /><br />Spare me your sanctimonious attempts at gaining some form of moral high ground by interjecting your personal attack proclomation. His post was clearly intended to be demeaning in it's tone and meaning and recieved an in-kind response.<br /><br />Lets clear some things up. I am not a republican. Barbara Bush is the WIFE of a former president, therefore a celebrity not a politician. Other first ladies (unelected) pretended they were some kind of policy maker and exceeded their authority as a CITIZEN. That offends me. You do not know Barbara Bush's party affiliation other than a very good guess. Guilt by association is another of the tools of the liberal gutless media. I find it repulsive that someone would try to link the behavior or statements of someones family members to make political hay. Case in point. I find it interesting that you, who fancies himself morally balanced, would endorse and further disseminate this type of journalistic trash. But hey, it is clearly myself using personal attacks. Not.<br /><br />Second, someone introduced this bloggers misinformation to this group. It's intent is clear and it will be responded to. Good people don't let misinformation fester and infect. Much like your Trent Lott's home. it was a metaphor, but for the simple, it is being used to keyhole the president into the stereotype the press has spent the past 7 years creating. The Lott comment was debated here on I-boat DC, and determined to be a cheap shot. A half-truth and misrepresentation of the the context in which it was spoken. See a trend here.<br /><br />Delay (?) said/did something out of line and stupid, but nowhere near the Anti-American filth spewed from DEMOCRAT, DURBIN trying to tie our treatment of terrorists to Nazi's. That is not only sick, but damaging to us as a nation on a go forward basis. That is DISGUSTING. I would be happy to post many more of these photo op type faux paux's. How about the security detail for Clinton who would have to ********** thier values to lie for the CIC because he wanted to play with his presidential staff. How do you think they felt? How about Gore having the water level being raised against the objection of park official so he could make a canoe trip photo op during the second clinton campaign, how about collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars from monks who took an oath of poverty? How about clinton laughing and joking at Ron Browns funeral, how about Jesse Jackson rolling in MLK's blood? How about Al Sharpton accusing the NY police force of being rapists? How about Teddy missing the photo op by running away from his oldsmobile? Byrd - wizard - KKK - democrat. Does that bother you?<br /><br />To quote something you didn't find offensive: Are you possessing enough intelligence to understand?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

guys.........bs cott19 is known to get the pot stirring, sit back and enjoy the fits. bs has only two posts in this thread........the original and ONE more towards the top of this thread. the person likes to start fights. check his profile out:<br /><br />'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''<br />Profile for mrbscott19 <br />Member Status: Chief Petty Officer <br />Member Number: 41577 <br />Registered: May 19, 2004 <br />Posts: 432 <br />Location: Illinois <br />Occupation: Data Tech <br />Interests: fishing <br />Types of Engines You've Run: '68 Evinrude 85hp <br />Names of Your Boats: A Fascist iboats sucks!!! <br />Favorite Fishing Hole/Spot: Clinton Lake <br />''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' <br /><br />Note this dudes boat name!!!! My God.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Your point about DLM's tone is taken, I should have taken that into account.<br /><br />In my opinion, when Barbara Bush makes a public appearance and speaks to the press, she represents her family and by extension the republican party. Her remark was in bad taste and I wish she had not made it publicly.<br /><br />I took a cheap shot by making a smart-a55 comment about Lott having other houses to live in, but I really did find Bush's remark to be particularly insensitive. I can't imagine the context where it wouldn't be insensitive outside of a private conversation. I heard his remarks broadcast on the radio, in context; I can find no half-truth or misrepresentation there. <br /><br />Durbin said some stupid things, too. Clinton said lots of stupid things. Tom DeLay said some stupid things. Public figures all. Politicians say stupid things all the time. The press is listening. It doesn't bother me.<br /><br />Sorry about calling you a Republican, no offense intended.<br /><br />p.s. did you mean Duke - wizard - KKK (R)? When he ran for governor in 1992 against Edwin Edwards (D), who had been indicted but not convicted on federal racketeering & bribery charges during his previous term (1984-1988), the bumper stickers read "Better a Lizard than a Wizard" (not an official campaign slogan of course). By the way, Edwards is currently serving federal time for racketeering related to gaming licenses, and Duke for tax and mail fraud.