Still Boating ?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Still Boating ?

I'll be salmon hunting, steelie fishin', duck huntin', till the spring fishin' starts, so I keep the batteries charged and gas in the tank, life is good...just a thought :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Down in the south we have cures for Mosquitos (chemicals) and heat (swimming or AC).<br /><br />There is no cure for cold and ice!<br /><br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

boats up for the winter, but fishing won't stop.<br />trout streams don't freeze ;)

dy168

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We took the boat out to Lake Mead on Saturday and was still at least 30 boats cruising around. It was around 80s. Comparing to summer time, we have to line up to launch the boat. I think its the best time to boat now, it was way too hot under the 120s summer sun.

KennyKenCan

Commander

kenimpzoom,<br /><br />You must have lived in the south all your life!<br /><br />The cure for cold weather is, bundling up and going skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling!<br /><br />Winter can be fun!<br /><br />But I have to admitt, I envy you!

KennyKenCan

Commander

The boat has been wrapped up, pickled and put away till March!<br /><br />But, there is always the beach, where I can just drive out to, and catch all the bluefish, striped bass and cod I want!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> Sorry 12Footer. Wasn't making any accusations, just razzing y'all a bit. Everyplace has it's problems. We may not get hurricanes here, but we usually get our share of snow. For some, that's enough reason not to live here.<br /><br />BTW-I think our state bird should be a mosquito, too! :D :D
I knew that, no need to apologise. It was taken the way you meant it anyhow.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

boat / fish year 'round in the rivers. and up until freeze on the lakes.<br /><br />been known to bust ice to get out into a few places but that has been rare.. only done that a few times when the bite is hot.<br /><br /><br />-----<br /><br />Congrats Skunk-Ed !!<br /><br />Handsome Walter!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> kenimpzoom,<br /><br />You must have lived in the south all your life!<br /><br />The cure for cold weather is, bundling up and going skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling!<br /><br />Winter can be fun!<br /><br />But I have to admitt, I envy you!
You right, the farthest north I have ever lived is Shrieveport, LA.<br /><br />I have had a couple of skiing trips to New Mexico. The are a blast. I like to ski, but I am terrible. I love the snowmobile. But I wouldnt want to live there.<br /><br />The main problem is, you have fun doing those things, you sweat, you stop, you freeze. I hate that. Plus the cold makes my nose hurt.<br /><br />We are spoiled down here. The summers are hot, but you get used to it.<br /><br />Ken

NOSLEEP

Commander

Its hunting season now.<br />Boats put away till ice out. Ice fishing starts<br />in about 3 weeks.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got out for one last ride yesterday. Hauling out in another week or so. Weren't too many other boats out at Cocktail Cove yesterday........

f_inscreenname

Commander

I also was out yesterday. Just a couple others. Just how I like it. I will wait till they call for a freeze then I will button it up for the winter. Till then I will be riding.That is a nice thing about having it in the back yard.

brother chris

Commander

The boat NEVER gets put away. Up here in Canada(on the west coast) we hardly get snow. <br />I just put in some stabil and start the boat up every month or so(if I have to). <br />I go boating in Dec. and Jan., but MAN is it COLD!<br />Die-hards never quit. :D