Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

dozerII

Admiral
I really don't think the 120 is that bad of an engine power wise. I had one in my old Islander and have one in my glasser. No, they are not the fastest but will certainly push the boat in the 30's and cruise nicely in the high 20's. My glass is 19' and way heavier than my my Islander was and sits deeper in the water but it still pushes her along well. The thing I like most is the fuel economy they get. Pretty much a bulletproof engine.

I really like the 120, but in the type of hull on that 20 it takes a lot of power to keep that sharp bow up out of the water, they seem to work very well in the regular SS, Holiday or Chieftain hull.

pckeen

Commander
Sheesh those rigs up your alls way are pricey. Or is $2000 really a good price for what looks like a project boat that hasn't been started yet?

Seems pretty pricy for what's there. Looks like someone attempted some renovations.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sheesh those rigs up your alls way are pricey. Or is $2000 really a good price for what looks like a project boat that hasn't been started yet?

Uh YES, anything under 1000 for a bare hull is great. Go back to page 609 post 9128 and see the Islander I posted, it's long GONE and wasn't over priced to move here.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Yeah I forget that prices in your all's neck of the woods are high. Here in the south the prices may be more reasonable, but the lack of any good big tin makes that a mute point. I gave $800 for our 16SS with a bad transom and a non running engine. I was told I over paid, but after watching prices on here for the last year I think we made out like a bandit.

home-boy

Banned
I put the smurf up for $1000 with a trailer and have 2 people who want to look at it already. It is a good starting point for someone.

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/4879266975.html

Engine is out, needing some repairs, $3500.
00606_dx4NaIUxpEx_600x450.jpg

Laker99

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wish I understood currency economics better. In 2011 the USD was .95 Canadian and now its 1.25 Canadian. The U.S. is deficit spending and printing money like crazy so you would think the USD would be worth less. I've read it's because the Euro is in even worse shape because of the sluggish economy, Greece possibly defaulting, etc so people flock to the dollar. Just doesn't seem to add up.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
So why worry about it, we can't do anything other than complain. :noidea:

So get some of the deflated currency and trade it for aluminum. :D

Last edited:

pckeen

Commander
If you are thinking of coming North to steal our Tinnies.....Here's a nicely priced....Jupiter? Nova? in Southern Ontario for CN$1100. Doesn't even sound like a restoration project.

$_35.JPG

MNhunter1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here's a very nice conditioned 14' Holiday with 55hp Johnson. I personally looked this one over, but passed on it as the motor was lacking tilt. The motor is a '79 and the boat I believe to be a 82' HL 140. The plate states "14 Holiday" but I could not find a year anywhere. Pretty much all original and in great shape. There are roughly 10-12 rivets that have been hit with what appears to be JB weld on the bottom side of the hull, but should be an easy replacement with the floor out. Transom still appears to be pretty solid, but I'd personally replace all the wood anyhow if I were looking to hang onto it. I think he would let it go for $1200 or maybe even less. Very nice shape overall...if I only had the space. http://rmn.craigslist.org/boa/4867948467.html