Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

64osby

Admiral
Glen, looks like you have time to plan, sketch, measure and dream. ;) Sure hope they were able to fix it right the second time. :faint2:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Get well soon Glen! Your doctor should put-up a rebuild thread of your ticker...with lots of pics :madgrin:

dozerII

Admiral
Glen, looks like you have time to plan, sketch, measure and dream. ;) Sure hope they were able to fix it right the second time. :faint2:

Get well soon Glen! Your doctor should put-up a rebuild thread of your ticker...with lots of pics :madgrin:

Thanks guys, CC the Dr who did my angioplasty showed me the before and after xray video when he was done it is pretty incredible.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thanks guys, CC the Dr who did my angioplasty showed me the before and after xray video when he was done it is pretty incredible.

Glen - Who gets nominated for the SOTY - You or the DOC. LOL

I saw before and after videos when the Admiral got stented. It was amazing seeing the blood pumping and flowing difference.

dozerII

Admiral
Glen - Who gets nominated for the SOTY - You or the DOC. LOL

I saw before and after videos when the Admiral got stented. It was amazing seeing the blood pumping and flowing difference.

Good question lol, You got that right the advancement in this type of medicine are awesome . According to the Dr 30% of patients have the scar tissue problem with bare metal stents, this time they use the the most recent type called "drug eluding" to prevent the problem.

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Glen, glad they got you figured out and that you are on the mend now! Been watching your progress on the little rod on the other forum, looking like a sweet little ride is coming together.

I decided to share my other tin project. Having many projects going at the same time is nuts, just the way I like it.

This is my little 84.5 Mustang GT (84.5 is signified as a 6 month only front bumper cover, crate style grille and fog light holes). I have had a few of these cars over the years, the 84.5 is my favorite of the ones I have had so a few years ago when I spied this on CL I made it mine. Aside from being a victim of the late 80's stereo and ugly paint color it survived as a rust free car with 38k on the odometer mostly because it was stolen in 94 and was not located until a year later missing its drive train. Once recovered it went into a barn and sat waiting for the former owner to get back to it, that was not going to happen so he decided to sell it off.

Here it was as I found it.

vgseo6.jpg

Here it is as of a few months ago.

2jaf97s.jpg

I am now working on smoothing out the engine compartment, so the fender aprons are coming out and are being replaced with solid factory style panels.

sfulpd.jpg

332p28m.jpg

This picture shows all of the holes the factory had in those panels!

20thuvo.jpg

An here is what I plan to have when I am done (but in Dodge Viper Vapor Silver) minus the hole in the passenger side one, I do not plan to run EFI so I do not need to add that.

4t6m49.jpg

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Very nice Chris, I'm not a ford guy at all but I do like the mid 80's mustangs. Way back my boss at the muffler shop picked up a 62 Falcon Ranchero and an 85 5 liter/5speed Capri and asked me to build him a fast Ranchero, it was an awesome project that went like a scaled cat when it was done. Wish I had of got some pics of it, before his daughter totaled it with a hydro pole.

dozerII

Admiral
A little update on on the RR, not a lot done since getting out of the hospital, but the engine fire up did get me fired up:thumb: and my new rear wheels and tires. Header were a kit from Speedway Automotive.

TURN THE VOLUME UP

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Motor runs - Always a good feeling. Time to hit the road!

Got working brakes yet? :rolleyes:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice roar to life! I'm thinking a guy would need some hearing protection if you're running those headers uncorked. :D

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Hey Glen. I guess I missed that post about the Hospital, but glad to hear you're OK

BWR1953

Admiral
Garage guy question!

This topper is for sale for $100 in my area. It's on a 1997 F-350 long bed. Will it fit on my 1995 F-150 long bed? If yes, I should probably snap it up.

topper.jpg

My truck:

11-29-2015a.jpg

11-29-2015b.jpg

64osby

Admiral
Measure your bed, measure the top. Width and Length.

Well worth $100 but only if it fits. Helps keep the two legged scavengers at bay.