Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

BWR1953

Admiral
Measure your bed, measure the top. Width and Length.

Well worth $100 but only if it fits. Helps keep the two legged scavengers at bay.

I'd say its definitely worth a trip to take a look.

My wife says that the first top is too ugly to put on my truck! :lol:

She does have a point, but I also pointed out that it would only be installed when we need to take an overnight road trip to pick up parts and whatnot. To keep those scavengers at bay. ;) And it can also be painted, etc.

Found another one even farther away and $150 but it's in much better shape.

topper2.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
The 2nd one comes w deck cushions, nice ;)

FYI if you can paint a boat, you can certainly paint a topper.... I'd suggest mixing hardener into the enamel if you paint the top.

BWR1953

Admiral
The 2nd one comes w deck cushions, nice ;)

FYI if you can paint a boat, you can certainly paint a topper.... I'd suggest mixing hardener into the enamel if you paint the top.
Nope, never painted a boat. Something on my list to learn for sure though. All I've ever painted are model RC planes and the occasional wall in a house. :lol:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nope, never painted a boat. Something on my list to learn for sure though. All I've ever painted are model RC planes and the occasional wall in a house. :lol:

Painting a boat is easy as all get out, it's making it look good that's tough! :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Um, you painted the inside, or at least the deck

jbcurt00

Staff member
Google roll and roll paint.

Basically, yes you can, w hardener

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer
been out of the loop myself for a bit glen, but good to see your back at it. and moving forward on your truck

MNhunter1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Had another good year in Iowa!

And we'll be moving into the new hanger, err...house, next weekend!

Hope everyone is doing well! Been a little busy and outta the loop, but hope to get the Nova into the new workshop and get some more progress done.

Cheers!

Watermann

Super nice bucks there MN! Wow, that's quite the house you got there :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
been out of the loop myself for a bit glen, but good to see your back at it. and moving forward on your truck

Thanks CC good to see you back on the site

Had another good year in Iowa!

And we'll be moving into the new hanger, err...house, next weekend!

Hope everyone is doing well! Been a little busy and outta the loop, but hope to get the Nova into the new workshop and get some more progress done.

Cheers!

Congrats on the great looking deer MN, glad to see you house is coming along and you will be able to start back on the Nova.

dozerII

Admiral
Doc says to take it easy so I have just been picking away at the Rat. Got the trans and drive shaft tunnel as well as the floor done. all recycled tin from the 1975 Caprice donor car.

And built a visor for the windshield, it really helped with the lines.

Decker83

Commander
Great looking fab work.. Your visor looks great.. Like all the plug welds in the floor..

Watermann

Super work on the ole rat Glen :thumb:

So do you plan on shooting some satin clear over the body to seal in that awesome 'patina'?

dozerII

Admiral
Great looking fab work.. Your visor looks great.. Like all the plug welds in the floor..

Thanks Decker

Super work on the ole rat Glen :thumb:

So do you plan on shooting some satin clear over the body to seal in that awesome 'patina'?

Thanks Rob, to tell you the truth I haven't thought ahead far enough, I know it's staying rusty and it's natural colors, might have to find a flat clear??

Great work Glen, visor looks perfect

Thanks jb

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
all recycled tin from the 1975 Caprice donor car.

No Glassers were harmed in this rod build! LOL

I like the visor. The style fits the cab perfectly.

dozerII

Admiral
For some of you warm blooded Southerners When I went to bed last night it was real foggy and about -6 c woke up this morning to this beautiful winter wonderland. The Hoar frost was built out about 3/4 of an inch on the south side of all the branches.