Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Almost a limo to tow the Liquid Limo. :D Need a chauffeur?

GA_Boater

Your rat rod is taking shape. Dozer. She might look ratty, but she's gonna be a stout one.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
For you hunter gatherer and killer types... Been out in the woods chasing around the mighty mule deer, my resto buddy Brett got his on Sunday and went back to work. Me I've been beating the mountains and finally found a nice one this morning. Man I hate hunting alone, I'm getting too old to drag these heavy deer through the woods solo. Good eats!

IMAG1987.jpg

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
For you hunter gatherer and killer types... Been out in the woods chasing around the mighty mule deer, my resto buddy Brett got his on Sunday and went back to work. Me I've been beating the mountains and finally found a nice one this morning. Man I hate hunting alone, I'm getting too old to drag these heavy deer through the woods solo. Good eats!

IMAG1987.jpg

Nice, I grew up duck hunting, And have attempted Hog hunting once or twice with no luck. This Sunday I am going on my first deer hunt ever. Hopefully I get some meat in the freezer! Always fun just to get out there though!

BWR1953

Admiral

IMAG1987.jpg
Awesome! Congrats on a fine buck. I miss getting out there in the woods. Had to give it up due to health issues.

"Big" bucks down here are about 120 pounds. About like a big dog! :laugh:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Awesome! Congrats on a fine buck. I miss getting out there in the woods. Had to give it up due to health issues.

"Big" bucks down here are about 120 pounds. About like a big dog! :laugh:
I dont hunt, but deer in WV are about the same, 125-130.....

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Fresh venison heart jerky marinated, seasoned and then hickory smoked.

IMAG1988.jpg

dozerII

Admiral
Fresh venison heart jerky marinated, seasoned and then hickory smoked.

IMAG1988.jpg

I love jerky Rob but I have never been able to handle eating organ meat, not saying it's not excellent just not for me.:facepalm::grey:

North Beach

Commander
Glen, the heart is actually a muscle so it pretty much looks just like any other meat once you process it.

BWR1953

Admiral
Well, I have a problem.

I mean I have a well problem! Anybody know about wells?

Last night at bedtime I noticed that our well pump wasn't shutting off. Went outside and checked and the pump was running but it wasn't reaching the 50psi cutoff pressure. It's a 30/50 switch. It was only holding 40psi and the pump wouldn't shut off. Unplugged the pump and went to bed. Used just a little water to brush my teeth. This morning the pressure was down to about 20psi. Plugged it back in and the pressure climbed back up to 40 pretty quickly but didn't reach the 50 cutoff. So I unplugged it again. It's been a couple hours and I used a small amount of water and pressure is down to 38. I know very little about wells, so could use some advice.

Background: the well has been in service for almost 9 years now. Submersed pump; I think it's about 130 feet deep. About 18-24 months ago we replaced the switch because the points were worn out. Discharged some sediment from the bladder at that time too. The well has been functioning perfectly since that time until last night.

It's a small house and I checked for open faucets and leaks; found nothing. Sounds like maybe an underground leak or something?

Thanks for any input.

Alumarine

Captain
Well, I have a problem.

I mean I have a well problem! Anybody know about wells?

Last night at bedtime I noticed that our well pump wasn't shutting off. Went outside and checked and the pump was running but it wasn't reaching the 50psi cutoff pressure. It's a 30/50 switch. It was only holding 40psi and the pump wouldn't shut off. Unplugged the pump and went to bed. Used just a little water to brush my teeth. This morning the pressure was down to about 20psi. Plugged it back in and the pressure climbed back up to 40 pretty quickly but didn't reach the 50 cutoff. So I unplugged it again. It's been a couple hours and I used a small amount of water and pressure is down to 38. I know very little about wells, so could use some advice.

Background: the well has been in service for almost 9 years now. Submersed pump; I think it's about 130 feet deep. About 18-24 months ago we replaced the switch because the points were worn out. Discharged some sediment from the bladder at that time too. The well has been functioning perfectly since that time until last night.

It's a small house and I checked for open faucets and leaks; found nothing. Sounds like maybe an underground leak or something?

Thanks for any input.

If the system holds pressure after you unplug it, then I don't think there's any leaks.

dozerII

Admiral
A couple more pictures of the the other tin project, been real busy at work so not a lot of time to work on it, but she is coming together.

I got the nasty F out of the tailgate and shuffled the other letters around a bit.:D

I can't get it outside at the moment cuz there is a Crestliner in the way, getting some coupler work done:frusty:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
never deer hunted before but got out in my first stand this morning for around 3 hours. No deer in sight but it was fun to give it a try. Im sure I will get out again. Maybe next time. The guys that took me out got one yesterday.

GA_Boater

International grille, Dozer? Great fit and look.

rod.PNG Perfect! :thumb: