Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
Ah yes, camping. Did that when my daughters were young. Started with tent camping but that got old pretty quickly. Skipped over the travel trailer step because I couldn't pull my boat and the trailer at the same time. So I bought a Class C RV and from that point on "roughing it" meant that there was no cable TV hookup at the campground! :lol:

Here's me launching my Bass Tracker from my RV about 30 years ago. (Dang I'm old!) :eek:

Yes, having a camper and a boat is a pain, but I haul the camper out ahead of time and park it. Then we just haul the boat back and forth to come back to work or resupply etc... we're very fortunate that we live close enough that we can do that.

dozerII

Admiral
Yes, having a camper and a boat is a pain, but I haul the camper out ahead of time and park it. Then we just haul the boat back and forth to come back to work or resupply etc... we're very fortunate that we live close enough that we can do that.

If you lived in Saskatchewan you could pull your boat behind your Boler:eek:

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
If you lived in Saskatchewan you could pull your boat behind your Boler:eek:

That would be the ticket for sure! Unfortunately for me, Saskatchewan requires the lead trailer to have tandem axles, and everything I pull has only single. I toyed with the idea of somehow converting the boler to tandem axle, but can't justify it to save an hour or two each year. plus the whole thing would be wheels lol.

BWR1953

Admiral
That would be the ticket for sure! Unfortunately for me, Saskatchewan requires the lead trailer to have tandem axles, and everything I pull has only single. I toyed with the idea of somehow converting the boler to tandem axle, but can't justify it to save an hour or two each year. plus the whole thing would be wheels lol.
Road train!! :lol:

Tnstratofam

Commander
That was pretty impressive. I wonder how well it holds up to uv being a silicone based product?

dozerII

Admiral
A little RR progress for those interested, airbags on all four corners. The front was a bit of a struggle that took quite a few wobbly pops to design. ford pick up box was shortened 30 inches to 47.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
All the tough work and ingenuity that goes into one of those rods... in the end nobody will notice except for the man behind the wheel. Sure beats the heck out of leafs for ride and handling. Looking ratty!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You found the right bed for her, Dozer. Now you got a truck. :D

Nice front end work.

64osby

Admiral
Nice work Glen. Keep it up.

In the interest of keeping this thread legitimate.:madgrin:

One of the projects that was tackled this summer was some sewing on my Starcraft.

IMAG10181.jpg

1995 Starcraft 1224 pop-up that is.:becky:

Removed the canvas and sewed new corners in and new screens on the four corners.

As usual Grandma's old Singer was the machine of choice.

IMAG10161.jpg

Not the cleanest sewing around, but it holds well, is dry and the skeeters can't bother us at night.:high5:

Now I need a 5th wheel trailer for my boat so I could haul the pop-up right behind it.:p

dozerII

Admiral
All the tough work and ingenuity that goes into one of those rods... in the end nobody will notice except for the man behind the wheel. Sure beats the heck out of leafs for ride and handling. Looking ratty!

Thanks Rob, it'a lot of fun to build and really it's only thicker tin;)

You found the right bed for her, Dozer. Now you got a truck. :D

Nice front end work.

Thanks GA, we will see about the bed, I'm pretty sure it's going to shed a letter and the others are getting rearranged.

Nice work Glen. Keep it up.

In the interest of keeping this thread legitimate.:madgrin:

One of the projects that was tackled this summer was some sewing on my

1995 Starcraft 1224 pop-up that is.:becky:

Removed the canvas and sewed new corners in and new screens on the four corners.

As usual Grandma's old Singer was the machine of choice.

Not the cleanest sewing around, but it holds well, is dry and the skeeters can't bother us at night.:high5:

Now I need a 5th wheel trailer for my boat so I could haul the pop-up right behind it.:p

Thanks 64, great job on the Starcraft, I have one of Grandma's Singers as well they work great.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
You're really getting there Glen nice job, far cry from a starcraft.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Little late snack, last of my duck supply from last season. Also had a few bacon wrapped, sausage stuffed jalapenos from the local meat market. Turned out awesome. Now i need duck season to get here so I can restock! 20150922_205218_resized.jpg
20150922_211545_resized.jpg
20150922_213512_resized.jpg
20150922_213725_resized.jpg

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Little late snack, last of my duck supply from last season. Also had a few bacon wrapped, sausage stuffed jalapenos from the local meat market. Turned out awesome. Now i need duck season to get here so I can restock!

That looks awesome g0ne, made me go look in the fridge for a snank at 3 AM:lol:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
dang! Are you building a rat rod or a MackTruck! Heavy Duty! :madgrin:

Hairpins%20003_zps20o2c3ep.jpg

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
That looks awesome g0ne, made me go look in the fridge for a snank at 3 AM:lol:

:laugh: Might as well have breakfast that late/early. It was good. Most people I tell about hunting and eating ducks ask me " Aint it greasy?". Im not sure where that comes from but the way I cook and it eat them they taste better than steak! Smoked whole ducks is my second favorite. One of these days Ill try to make jerky from them. Ive had it once and it was good!