Sport-craft restore

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sport-craft restore

Gelcoat looks good, congrats

Thank you. Still has a lot of orange peel. But she ain't going to be entere into a beauty contest. But here is what I started with. DSCI0037-400.jpg

This is what she looks like now.
DSCI0243-400.jpg

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your coming along quite well. I'm jealous. When is the big splash?

Thanks. Depends on how quick boatman can put the motor on and me finish putting the rest of the stuff back together. Knowing my luck it will snow or Kansas will have a hurricane or the lake my dry up. Who knows.

sevanseriesta

Petty Officer 1st Class

I must say, I agree you have got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. I started before you and you are way past me! What am I doing wrong? I am hoping to get my stringers covered this weekend and your damn near ready to put the boat in the water.

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

You're not doing anything wrong just doing it right. I don't know what your set up is for working but mother nature has not been kind to us this winter or this spring for that matter. I could have done mine a lot quicker if I had my own garage instead of having to drive 8 miles to a storage unit. I also glassed my deck pieces before I placed them in the boat, I started working on them before I was ready for them. Remember 40 days ago we had snow in Kansas, now it's 100 degrees. One night last week I had to stop gel-coating becuase the was started to solidify. You'll get there.

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

DSCI0247-400.jpgDSCI0246-400.jpg Ole Girl has seen daylight:joyous:

ohh what a freaking messDSCI0248-400.jpg

First bath

Attachments

• 0615131101a.jpg
    0615131101a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0615131059a-400.jpg
    0615131059a-400.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gave the boatman my leftover material. He was like damn you used some good stuff, I may owe you money. Nice compliment. Short lived, he may have to replace the steering cable. It needs a new one anyway.

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

Electric; Whenever boatman gets the motor put back on. Then I have to get the rest of the boat back together, seats, navigational light and other electrical then I will be able to make test runs. I'm thinking I may have to change the prop, I don't know how much lighter she is but the weight distribution is totally different now for sure. Electric where you been hiding I haven't seen you online lately, been digging out from your winter snow. How is your project coming along?

electric603

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Electric where you been hiding I haven't seen you online lately, been digging out from your winter snow. How is your project coming along?

It's been going slow. I thought when the weather warmed up I'd be able to get more done. But with the good weather comes more family outings, fishing, Cubscout events etc. Next three weekends already booked up. Hopefully can gat something done during the week.
I'm hoping after the 4th I can start really hammering away at it. I did manage to get transom wood glued and template made this weekend.

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

Weather has been nutty. I was putting on a layer of gel-coat one night all was going well, I just happened to look into the can of wax and noticed some gelling, I looked at the tempature and saw it was right at 70 degrees. They weren't kidding when they said it would gel up at 70 degrees. Another night of not getting done what I wanted to do. You'll be real happy when you get your transom in, I know I was.

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Looking good Bill!!! Here is to hoping the weather helps out from now on. :joyous:

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good Bill!!! Here is to hoping the weather helps out from now on. :joyous:

Thank you. I'm just not betting on it. When I get it put back altogther when the boatman gets done putting my engine on, I fully expect a snow storm in July or a hurricane to visit Central Kansas in July. hehehehehehe