Sometimes another set of eyes is the answer

Zetman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Working in my Gulfstream the other day and was just about to ask the Iboats crew how to get my throttle arm off. I removed the set screw from underneath and the arm only half way came off. Since I'm prone to force stuff then break it I stopped and took out my shop manual. The wife comes out after watching me and asked if I needed help. I said no I'll probable have to check the internet since my manual only covers engines and outdrives. I climb back in the boat to start to mess with it again when my wife says " does that black knob spin off" At first I say no while turning it just then it un-screws and the whole shift lever drops in my hand. Doh! Lesson learned..Always let another set of eyes see what your're doing it might save you a lot of time..P.S. She got more than a pat on the back!!
Zet

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Sometimes another set of eyes is the answer

Twice as much light comes through 2 windows.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sometimes another set of eyes is the answer

for the longest time on my resto.....i would get stuck on minor detailes.....trivial stuff that i wanted to make sure i would do it right.....

ondarvr would come by every so often and kick my a@@.

in his happy go lucky style....he would just remind me how simple everything really was.........

saved me a ton of time......and a few gazillion grey hairs :eek: