Smokers

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Smokers

KKC, I know what you mean. Here is something to think about. If a smoker sees an anti-smoking billboard, tv ad, or just someone complaining about it, the smoker tends to light up. Now if you figure the smoker see's or hears a couple of these ads a day, they have just caused that smoker to light up. Now times that with the number of smokers. That is a bunch of smokes! Big tobacco probably has figured this out. So the more ads they put on about quitting and giving help to quit, the more cigs they are gonna sell.<br /><br />Does this make sense? I feel all ads on radio and TV should be taken off the air. If it can't be advertised, it shouldn't be criticized. <br /><br />So in my belief the liberals are adding to the problem instead of helping.<br /><br />How come you see lots of ads about not drinking and driving, but no ads for quitting drinking? Crazy aint it? :confused:

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Quit smoking in 1999. But I do chew about a can every two weeks or so. Someday that will hopefully stop too.

KennyKenCan

Commander

SS MAYFLOAT,<br /><br />Couldn't agree with ya more!<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to advocate smoking, its just that I cannot understand how people can keep on with the same old retoric day in and day out. It just is not working.<br /><br />And as long as it is legal to purchase and consume, no one, absolutly no one has the right to tell you, you are wrong! The Bill of Rights gaurantees that!

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

Stopped smoking at age 34 day before I had a hip replacement. That was June 2003. <br /><br />Did not have a smoke until labour day weekend, 2004. <br /><br />Now I only smoke socially with the 'guys'. Maybe smoke half a pack per month.<br /><br />Never thought I could be a social smoker!<br /><br />Heck, probably will never quit totally. I've got to figure there is a lot worse stuff than half a pack per month...