Smokers

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Smokers

Me and the wife both smoke. Of course we know they are bad for us, but with a 3 1/2 year old grandson driving grandpa nuts, I just can't stop. :cool:

ndemge

Commander

Stopped Jan 1st 2004<br />Today is Day 315 smoke free and loving it.<br /><br />Smoked for 9 years, was at 2 packs a day for the last year before quitting cold turkey.<br /><br />I still have moments where it SOUNDS good, but that passes VERY quickly now that I understand the games my mind trys to play. No cigars for me either, as I know I will inhale and be right back where I was.<br /><br />When I get to JB's age, I'll start enjoying cigars again :)

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

No tobacco. That stuff is just plain nasty. Tried it as a kid. Just never took to it. Good thing. I think I've tried everything else and some things twice! My only real vice is beer.

spratt

Lieutenant

I must confess...I have never smoked in my lifetime of 49 years...I do understand and sympathize with folks who get addicted and want to quit, because I understand it is the toughest habit there is to quit!!!<br /><br />Zig Ziglar once said "Kissing a smoker is a little like licking an ash tray"...but I wouldn't know.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

When you want to quit, as your doc to write a prescription for Zyban. After taking that for a few days, you forget to smoke. Worked really well for me. Inside of two weeks I was smoke free. <br /><br />I think it suppresses the area of the brain that gives you the urge to smoke. After a while, you don't smoke. Can't remember anything. Have no sex drive, don't want to drink, makes you drive slow, drool, fart, ugly chicks look good and few other things. But its worth it. :D <br /><br />I'd tell you how long I have been smoke free, but I can't remember....

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mark, I tried Zyban for a while and stopped drinking coffee without even realizing it, but still smoked.<br /><br />Jinx

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, this is hard to believe, but its true. <br />I don't smoke and never did. The unbelievable part is that I live in a house that was the final home of one of "The Marlboro Men" He was also a stunt man in alot of the westerns like Bonanza ect. He died a horrible death due to lung cancer. I think it was at least lung cancer. His wife moved after he passed away. He was very sick for a long time. No, he didn't smoke after he got cancer. But, it was too late. Thats not a very high quality of life in the end if you ask me. The money was hardly worth what it did to a robust individual.

Homerr

Commander

Never have..Never will...<br /><br />I was the only smart one of the family that didn't smoke, chew etc... Glad I never took it up.<br /><br />Congrats to those of you that managed to break free of the little demons!<br /><br />H.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

"Don't smoke or chew, or go out with girls that do"!<br /><br />RANT; to all of you buttheads who can't clean up after themselves.<br /><br />WHO, gives you the right to throw your cigbutt on the ground.....and leave it there?<br /><br />WHO, says it's okay for you to pollute the air, and the ground, or the sidwalk, or the gutter and street, see em floating in the lake and river littering the banks. <br /><br />Are you the ones who throw your beer cans and bottles on the ground too? <br /><br />How about you inconsiderate individuals who cluster smoke? you know, since it's illegal to smoke in a public place..."oh, lets all go outside and smoke just outside the restraunt, shopping mall, grocery store, bank etc etc. door" and since misery loves company, you can come with me" <br /><br />GAG me, and anyone else who has to pass through YOUR cloud.<br /><br />Do you pitch your cigbutt out into the street? or in your neighbor's yard, (cause you don't want it in your yard), like my neighbor does?<br /><br />It's gotta stop, You can do it...you can growup and be responsable, you stopped picking your nose and eating the crop, didin't you.<br /><br />Took a road trip to Alaska last year, Beauitful place, if you overlook the trash on the highway.<br />WHY?....I don't know. <br /><br />But I do know that "pigs don't know that pigs stink".<br /><br />Hey, it's your life, live it like theres no tommorow. But don't mess it up for the rest of us who have to pick up you cigbutt...put it in your pocket when your finished, and tell a friend!...sl

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Until 1/1/97 I did everything but chew. Haven't used any tobacco since and have no intentions of ever using it again. I will not, however, give up good scotch whisky.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Yes I do smoke, wish I didn't, but its like sex, I enjoy it to much.<br /><br />I've always wondered what would happen if every person that smokes would quit right this minute. <br />1. The gov. would have to find some other ways to raise the money they loose on taxes.<br />2. Half the health professionals, hospitals and such would be unemployed ,so the gov. would have to scramble to regain that tax money that is lost.<br />3. As far as litter, the people that pick up cig. butts would be unemployed; same as #2 on the tax money lost.<br />4. People would live longer, colloct more in social security, so who has to pay more; the working people.<br /><br />Life is a visious circle.

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Quit July 26/2003 ,haven't had one since .I quit while going through a bad hang-over, you smokers know ,the kind when you don't even want to smoke.Still drink like a fish though.

eeboater

Commander

The only frustrating thing I see about smokers is the fact that it is "OK" for them to take about 200 smoking breaks during the day, whilest Me, a non smoker, cannot do that...<br /><br />Sooo... if i'm willing to kill myself, I'm able to slack.<br /><br />Sean

Link

Rear Admiral

A: And thats my final answear! <br />Link<br />I don't need to exsplaine myself!<br /><br />nuf said

KennyKenCan

Commander

I smoke, but less than a pack a day.<br /><br />The only compaint I have, is for paying 343% in taxes!<br /><br />Here in New York City, a pack of cigarettes cost $8.00!<br /><br />I hate these libral non-smokers, who go into the smoking areas, just to harass us smokers with their retorick!<br /><br />And besides, it's my life, I wish everyone would just "butt" out!<br /><br />It's a product that is legal to purchase and consume, so just leave me alone! <br /><br />It is my right to make up my own mind, without any ramifications from anyone!<br /><br />Don't like it, TUFF!<br /><br />Want to see something that needs banning, why not ban video games?<br /><br />Video games are corrupting our youth beyond your wildest imagination!<br /><br />I don't hear anyone objecting to them, even though they are turning our children into violant, disrepectful little ingrates and murderers, who threaten our very existance!<br /><br />How many more "Columbines" are we going to see in the near future?<br /><br />Video games are a greater problem than the smoking issue, but yet no one wants to talk about that!<br /><br />Noooooooooooo, video games are too much fun!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, I'm a smoker. One of those part-time ones that just like smoking while I'm driving. I don't smoke any other time. I know its strange. When I drank I definitely smoked more and could smoke a pack in one evening, but since I haven't drank for almost a year I just smoke when I'm driving. One day I'll quit, but don't want to yet.<br />Bassy

ndemge

Commander

>>I just drink when I'm driving. One day I'll quit, but don't want to yet.<br />Bassy<<<br /><br />You just drink when you drive now eh? That's one way to quit drink'n! :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

:D LMAO :D ..I caught that too. <br /><br />ya know.. things appear a little different if you look with "kaleidoscope eyes ".

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Oops! Thanks guys. Its been edited. That's what a day off will do to you. LOL