Smokers

NYMINUTE

Captain
OK!! Confess to the Forum. Do you smoke?? <br />A. Cigarettes<br />B. Cigars (Clinton Style)<br />C. Pipe<br />D. Chew<br />E. More than 1 of the above.<br />I am a 1 pack + - a day simply tired of the complaining of everyone. I smoke outside the house, never with my wife or grandkids present.<br />I do have a sign in my garage workshop saying:<br /> Thank You For Not Breathing While I Smoke. :eek:

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Smokers

Cigarettes, less that a pack a day. Hate it, and I will quit one day. I started smoking at 16 becuase I thought it was "cool." What a maroon!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I am a casual smoker of cigarettes, maybe a pack a month at the very most.<br /><br />I occasionally smoke cigars.<br /><br />I rarely chew RedMan.<br /><br />Never could get addicted to the stuff, I am too cheap! :D <br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Oh, I loved it so. Been off them going on 7 years, though. Two packs a day for 32 years. Still keep a pack in the refer and told my wife to lite me one up, on my death bed.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I smoke 4-6 miniature (cigarette size) cigars a day when at home, around 2 a day when away.<br /><br />By smoking only outdoors, not even in my truck, and only alone I no longer get complaints from my descendants.<br /><br />I typically light up, take 2-5 drags, then put it out to relight later.<br /><br />My Doc says that it is a lot easier on my lungs but not for my heart. I guess smoking is smoking when it comes to heart disease.<br /><br />Why don't I stop? I don't want to. The pleasure of a few puffs on a cigar is a quality of life item in my book. At my age quality of life is a now thing, not a someday thing.

Fly Rod

Commander

;) Don't smoke!!! :D <br /><br />Terrible habit!!!! :rolleyes: <br /><br />Leaves a stench type smell and turns walls etc: yellow, even a mustache!!! :eek: :eek:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

smoke everything I can get my hands on ;) <br />no chew though, yuck!<br />thank god ciggs r only $2.50/pack at the rez...

arboatdr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

isn't it a rule that marine mechanics have to smoke??

sangerwaker

Commander

I quit cigs 10 years ago. Best thing I ever did for myself. I still have an occasional cigar, but not Clinton style! :eek: <br /><br />Chewed for a while, too, but gave that up about a year ago.<br /><br />Beyond that, I am pleading the fifth! :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

lmao @ MY .. ;) <br /><br />cigerettes mainly .. never in the house tho.<br /><br />Grandfather was a Tobaccoo farmer.. so I was 'raised' with it (pun intended) :p <br /><br /><br />Crops started out as cigar binder leaf then government f-d things up by cutting domestic acreages / production and imports took over and crop was switched over to pouch leaf.. by the time all dust cleared - the government screwed the farmers so damn bad they screwed themselves .. but thats another story... pardon.<br /><br /><br />rarely chew .. but use pouches / bandits when I do.. usually when I'm fishing or hunting.<br /><br />its a taste thing I guess...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Smoked 1 to 2 packs/day between the ages of 18 and 27. Got a job in a non-smoking building and just quit one day. Funny thing, quitting didn't seem to affect me much didn't seem to affect me much didn't seem to affect me much didn't seem to affect me much.<br /><br />I don't complain about smokers but it just amazes me how I tolerated that smell on everything, the taste in my mouth, ashes everywhere. And those little holes from the seeds ... no, wait, that's something else...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> smoke everything I can get my hands on ;) <br />no chew though, yuck!<br />thank god ciggs r only $2.50/pack at the rez...
Hey MY which rez, Bascom? Used to go there when the ex lived in Alabama-Oakfield area. :rolleyes:

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

GUILTY.....as charged<br /><br />Pack a day for two many years, wife smokes also but we both want to quite....The time is just never right so one day were just gonna do it. Currently we smoke ligget because of cost, only 1.99 pack seems to make more sense than 3.50 marlboros. I also chew about a 1/2 can every three weeks or so and then buy fresh but for me that's just a pleasure thing I really enjoyit but it has never bothered me to go without either.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

From 15 to 26 I smoked 2 packs a day. Around 25 I started dipping, usually about 1/2 a can a day. Never did stop dipping but started back smoking at 28. I now smoke Marlboro Menthols 1/2pack a day, and dip Red Seal or Grizzly at about 1/2 can a day. Never can tolerate a cigar, they make me sick to smell them, even a little smell does it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

deja vu!<br />spot on NYM... take 63/77 north from rez and yur<br />here in 20 min ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Miss the heck out of western NY. Both lakes, the Niagara, Genesse, Darien Lake, the Sabres, Bisons, Bills, and RedWings BB. Old friends in Batavia, Honeyoe Falls,& Lockport. The snow I can forget, but the cold here is unmatched in WNY

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Smoke cigarettes, and it's a terrible habit to break.<br /><br />Jinx

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Smoked one ciggarette a day (marlboro) for almost 20 yrs. Daughter got to be about 14 and would smash the pack so I started hiding them, (is there something wrong with this picture or what?) eventually it was easier just to quit. Can't say I miss em.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I dipped, mostly Copenhagen from the time I was 12 to 18, started smoking in Basic Training. That was back when they still said "Smoke 'em, if you got 'em!" Did that for the next 11 years, Pack a day or more sometimes.<br />Finally quit 7 years ago, best choice I ever made.<br />Ok, second best choice. My best choice was my choice for a wife :) <br /><br />AK Chappy