Sleek Craft Boats by Nescher restoration (hopefully)

michael cain

Recruit
I have acquired aSleek Craft Boats by Nescher hull that needs restoration. Does anyone know of any resouces that I may go to in order to determine the model and year of the hull and also specs on the boat as it was originally, Pics would be a great help also.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

michael cain

Recruit
Re: Sleek Craft Boats by Nescher restoration (hopefully)

thanks all, will get some pics and post, looks like this is gonna be a long project.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: Sleek Craft Boats by Nescher restoration (hopefully)

Michael, the "boats by Nescher" came up because of a lawsuit brought on by AMF. They thought that the Sleekcraft name infringed on their slickcraft name. You can find out more on that by googling that, apparently it was an important lawsuit from a legal standpoint. During that time they started using the "boats by Nescher" tag. Eventually Sleek won the lawsuit. I have a 16' boat with a "Nescher's Boats" tag. I think this may have been a boat built prior to him starting Sleekcraft. I'm still trying to find out anything I can about mine....it?s the only one I have seen. If you come across anything let me know. Here is the link to my thread, I have a picture of the tag posted. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=364284