show your aristocraft pics

Pogue

Recruit
Re: show your aristocraft pics

Hello Pogue, I was wondering what size motor did you put on your boat and how it performs? By the way if you ever need any measurements to fix your soft top, I still have the one that came on mine originally, still in good shape (the hardtop I rescued from another boat .) Be glad to help if I can.

Let me start out with NICE BOAT you got there!!!

I replaced the engine with a Tohatsu 40hp. I was going to put in a 50hp, but the dealer talked me out of it (same motor, just a different carb), wasn't worth it for the extra $. With two people, one tank of gas, and a battery, I had the boat up to 42mph. I can load the boat FULL and still get up to 35-36mph. I love the motor, I can run all day on one 6 gal. tank (I always carry two).

Thanks, maybe someday I will have another top made, but I think the top is too low for this boat as I like to sit high as I drive, overlooking the windshield.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Tohatsu sounds like a winner. I know what your saying about the top, and on those models the soft top is a little more user friendly than the hard top. I used my hardtop twice.(just too confining)I prefer to go topless.lol

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Not the boat. But from one. This is Ouchita on a good morning.

Attachments

• Lake Quachita - Nov 2009 Steph's First Striper 005.jpg
    Lake Quachita - Nov 2009 Steph's First Striper 005.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Lake Quachita - Nov 2009 Steph's First Striper 004.jpg
    Lake Quachita - Nov 2009 Steph's First Striper 004.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1

H20wens

Seaman

P1000892.JPGHey Ziggy,
I've got a dash pic for ya. I've been meaning to post it but keep forgetting.

ziggy

Admiral

great looking nineteen dash h2o. man, ya've used up the whole dash. no where else left for further mods.. ;)
how do ya like them tabs? i assume they're real tabs? (as in not smart tabs). i've thought about tabs some, likely smart tabs though. are yer tabs elec. or hydrolic. can ya balance your load with them? (my nineteen seems pretty affected by weight placement. i gotta be loaded pretty balanced or i lean)plane super slow? man ya must have the hole shot too. mine leaps out of the water (i think) and i got nothing.. with them tabs, ya must be planeing almost instantly.. how slow can ya go? if i drop to 2k rpm i'll probably start to fall off plane. 2100 rpm and i can usually plane
envy your chart plotter too. man, more than once i wished i new how deep it was under me. (read as i've ran too shallow for my draft, or hit a uso, :eek:)

anyways. thanks for the pic. i'm sure others will enjoy too. nineteen dashes are just too cool anyway ya look at it.. imho.. :D

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Here's another dash pic. My unit is embedded in the dash. The shelf he built on his looks really useful.

Attachments

• 0711001544.jpg
    0711001544.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 4

ziggy

Admiral

wow db. that came out looking great.... nice job...

last930

Cadet

Sean - How's that 17' Funliner go with 110 HP? What prop do you use? I am finishing up a '61 Funliner and have a restored '64 Merc 1000 (100 HP) set to go in the spring. It should perform pretty close to yours with 110. I'll get some pics up when I get the motor on.

Last edited:

H20wens

Seaman

The tabs really are great. I can slow to a crawl and take off like a rocket - especially with the 17 pitch prop - as long as I am careful not to over rev. I need to trade for a 19 pitch which I think will be just right. The "fish finder" came with the boat and works OK. The VHF is intermittent and I've never really needed one anyway. I have to say, having owned a series of competition ski boats, I am very impressed with the way this boat pulls and maintains speed. Every stern drive boat I've had was a big disappointment when it came to towing a wakeboarder.

ziggy

Admiral

The tabs really are great. I can slow to a crawl and take off like a rocket - especially with the 17 pitch prop
:eek::cool: i'll bet. i tried me a 17p last season. rocket out of the hole, minimal bow rise. and you got tabs... sweet. whos brand?
i usually, always, run a 19p alum. wot @ 4300.
The "fish finder" came with the boat and works OK.
i'd sure like to get a chatplotter/depth finder/fish finder. thems are the cats meow. i get places i know i shouldn't be. i'm real careful but one of these days i'm gonna get caught and get hosed.
The VHF is intermittent and I've never really needed one anyway
i put one in mine. i run the missouri once in a while. uscg has 'em. many larger boats do also. i also camp on the river. it can be very isolated. i figure any extra means of possible communication could someday be useful. other than that. i don't use mine either. probably could live w/o.
I have to say, having owned a series of competition ski boats, I am very impressed with the way this boat pulls and maintains speed. Every stern drive boat I've had was a big disappointment when it came to towing a wakeboarder.
looks like some more kudos (another desirable feature of AristoCraft boats) for AristoCraft boats being the cats meow..... way to go AristoCraft...

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

I noticed right off that they can pull like a tow truck. When we are cruising I seldom have to add throttle in a turn.

H20wens

Seaman

:eek::cool: i'll bet. i tried me a 17p last season. rocket out of the hole, minimal bow rise. and you got tabs... sweet. whos brand?
i usually, always, run a 19p alum. wot @ 4300.
Brand?? I don't know. I'll see if I can find out.

marvinjansen

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/tjorve/Aristocraft19/?action=view&current=IMG_0139.jpg
I am trying to put a pic of my 1973 Aristocraft 19

Last edited:

ziggy

Admiral

IMG_0139.jpg

here ya go, it just needed the [/IMG] at the end to post..

sweet looking blue ninteen man... i like the blue ones..

registeroot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

this idea was suggested by another aristocraft owner. seems like a good idea to me so i'm gonna start it...
so, post up pics of your aristocraft. don't matter the condition. they are all cool.. if ya got a brief description of what were looking at, that'd be cool too.

DSCF5094.jpg

at my local watering hole. kinda a funny shot. i know i must be onboard somewhere, but i sure don't see me...

JollyRancher_05-1.jpg

JollyRancher_06.jpg

a missouri river run...

IMG_5345.jpg

night boating at the local watering hole again, my sweety must have been getting ready for bed. she's got her super sleeper lounge/bed out....

this is my favourite boat. possibly ever!

sharon19966

Recruit

I just posted this on Ebay but I would love to know something about it. The only thing I know is that it's a 1965 AristoCraft and that it's 18' 4". :confused:

Attachments

• aristocraft 049.jpg
    aristocraft 049.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
  • aristocraft 042.jpg
    aristocraft 042.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 4
  • aristocraft 010.JPG
    aristocraft 010.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 4
  • aristocraft 022.jpg
    aristocraft 022.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 4
  • aristocraft 025.JPG
    aristocraft 025.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 4

ziggy

Admiral

thanks for the compliment registeroot...
sharon, it's an AristoCraft 8-teen. i believe it was the transition model between the funliner and the nineteen. it was only made for a few years.
http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbrochures/8-TEENCover.pdf
http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbrochures/8-TEENpage2.pdf
http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbrochures/8-TEENpage3.pdf
http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbrochures/8-TEENpage4.pdf
http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbrochures/CompareAristoCraftpage2.pdf
them pdfs came from here. http://www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbro.html browse through the fiberglass brochures there may be more info than what i linked.

sharon19966

Recruit

Thanks so much. The pictures are great. Is it worth anything do you know?

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Most of the folks I have talked to value theirs between 4 and 7 thousand. I paid a lot less for mine and spent quite a bit getting it where I want it to be. I couldn't tell you what the market is now as it seems the only way to move anything is to just give it away. Good luck with what is one of my favorite boats.