Should I or shouldn't I? (Warning, Starcraft content)

emoney

Commander
Re: Should I or shouldn't I? (Warning, Starcraft content)

That's funny, I sold this same boat last year, lol. *Glassmaster, that is.

jbcurt00

Staff member

The iBoats spec page for a 1969 21' IO Cheiftan lists a dry weight of 20000lbs, no gear.

800+ for the trailer (?) the trailer I used to haul the boats to the dump will take a 17' semi-v, is tilt, single axle is 525lbs. I weighed it Fri afternoon to get the reg & title.

If you have to add engine weight of several hundred to move a 22' hull, it's easily pushing 3200lbs. More then my Dakota:facepalm: I'm close w/ the Jupiter on that 525lb galv trailer....

emoney

Commander

I was guesstimating 3000lbs with the outboard, so I wasn't too far off. Hoping to shed a little weight convrting to a CC, but th jury's still out.

emoney

Commander

Well, I'm gonna be a huge disappointment to some, but this;
nb2.jpg

somehow followed me home.
My glass brothers however? I should be back in their good graces.
nb1.jpg

It's like I told th Admiral; "But these 'little ones' so rarely come along. I just had to :)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Not impressed.:facepalm:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Is that under your tow weight? I was under the impression that the Chief +/-3000lbs was close.....

Anyway, congrats. Hope it's in as good a shape under the hood as it looks in the driveway.

Best of luck catching some fish soon:) And if a center console suits your needs & wants, looks like the quest is over.

Ignore the tinheads that can't get over it:facepalm: It's a boat, deal with it.......

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

guess that means there's 2 StarCrafts still on the market for the tin heads

emoney

Commander

Just barely under. Tow capacity is 3500lbs and I figured this at 3200ish. Hydraulic brakes on th trailr made a huge difference. 1st trlr with it and took some getting used to, but all was well. And, once it's in the water, it's going on the lift so no more stress there. I sold my jet boat Friday night, so priorities had to shift but the little red one is still on the radar, if noone beats me to it. I kinda tho't the Chieftain was a touch too high as there's no windshield, floor & transom shot, motor hasn't ran in 5ish years and trailer needs lots of love and he's in th $900 range.

jbcurt00

Staff member

You might look the boat up here, to see what it's dry weight is supposed to be, and add for trailer & motors.

Or better yet, take it to a scale & weigh it. My local metal scrap/recycle yard gave me weight slips for 2 trailers about 30min apart early 1 day. If there wasn't a line, they told me to come on over & they did it for free.

I mention it because last Sat am I disposed of 2 derelict hulls. When they weighed me going in, I was surprised how heavy the truck, trailer w/ 1 boat loaded & the other cut up & tossed inside the 1 on the trailer. So I came home & looked up the boats. Together, they had a dry weight of 2000lbs. After deducting the weight from my exit receipt, the 2000lbs, I figured out I paid to dispose of 200gals of water, held in the waterlogged foam below deck in both boats.

Looks like a good boat, hope it's been well taken care of & below decks, or anywhere, the flotation is high & dry!

Enjoy

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh man! This thread is such a slap in the face! Gut shot too!

Hunting for a Alum Starcraft and come home with a big ol glass Bayliner?????

I hafta wonder, did you set us up E$???:confused:

:p:D

Rock on:)

emoney

Commander

Buwahahahaha........ahem. You know I'd never do that. Technically, I ended up "boat-less" for a day and we all know that's not an option. So you can thank Craigslist for the changeup because I never dreamed the little jet boat would sell in a day. There's still tin on the horizon, but I'll always "play both sides of the coin". You never know, I may want to run for public office some day.

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Starmada Brothers and Sisters...let us gather together and pray for the one who is now lost...
He has been shown the light but has strayed from the true path of enlightenment...
Blessed are those who have a Starcraft....know the joys and enrichment of owning one brings...
The awesome quest for the perfect Starcraft ...
We can never be finished in our search for perfection...most followers strip down their
prize to the bare hull and start anew in this quest...
and have the joy of accomplishment in their endeavors...Yes let us pray for
Emoney..who has been led astray by a 1996 Trophy 1802...
.let us pray He may yet be brought into the fold...The Starmada....:rolleyes::DStarmada Skull.jpg

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

And the Starmada said; AMEN!