shhhhh.....redwings, penguins.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant
So far, so good.
Osgood has pleasantly surprised me. Playing like a man on a mission.
Redwing defense has been superb.

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: shhhhh.....redwings, penguins.

.....ahh, Bass Man....I'm glad I'm not the only one reflecting on the series so far. Obviously you're a Michigan guy (U.P?)...so you are on the Detroit side of things.
I'm pulling for the Pens...but I'm wondering where the hell Malkin went? Bench him, thats what I say.
Crosby on the other hand has risen his game...as expected, while again Malkin is dreaming of the Ukraine in summer I suppose.
As for Detroit, I underestimated there experience. They are great with the puck in the Pens end for sure.....great ability to move it around and not afraid to...(wait for it)...wrist shoot, damn near a lost art.
Well, the Pens are up against it now and it isn't looking good. It might very well be another cup for Steve-Y and the boys.
The pens might need to grow for a couple more years before they get their consistency down.
Regardless, very good hockey when they turn it on.:)
My two bits.
BP:cool:

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Obviously you're a Michigan guy (U.P?)...
Regardless, very good hockey when they turn it on.:)
My two bits.
BP:cool:
Not from the UP, but I go there to fish as often as possible.:)
90 miles N/W of Detroit, I go there as little as possible!:p
Redwings do handle the puck well, Ive enjoyed the series.

I had never seen Crosby play before and he's as good as they say.
He will keep Pitt in the thick of things for many years I am sure.

GO WINGS!!:D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have been a Redwings fan for a long time.
I say, GO REDWINGS.
BTW, great hockey.

jcsercsa

Captain

MONDAY NIGHT !!!!! its all over !!!!
Osgood gas really settled down , i was glad when we traded him the frist time !! and i didnt think he would work out when he came back, But i take it all back now hes not getting shacken like he used to !!!!! and what can I say about the rest , just they are ON FIRE !!!! lol john

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Not a fan of either team but it aint over.....till it's over !!!!!

Bigprairie1

Commander

Not a fan of either team but it aint over.....till it's over !!!!!

....hmmm, Leafs, Senators or Canadiens Ken? (hopefully NOT Canucks...coming from a West Coast Canadian by the way).:D:D
Ya' gotta pull for the underdog which undoubtedly at this point is the Pens.
BP:)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

....hmmm, Leafs, Senators or Canadiens Ken? (hopefully NOT Canucks...coming from a West Coast Canadian by the way).:D:D
Ya' gotta pull for the underdog which undoubtedly at this point is the Pens.

Underdog it is !!!!!
I go for the Leafs, Canadians, Canucks, Flames, Oilers. Not the Senators though.
Not a wings fan but I do expect them to win it !!!!

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Hopefully the boys end this tonight. It's been amazing hockey the whole way through, hence my reservations of the series going back to Pittsburgh. The only downsides to me have been Therriens constant whining about the referees and Malkins apparent burnout. I do agree that there have been questionable calls and non-calls but thats how it goes in all sports, the best teams play through it and the Penguins did for 94 games prior to this series. I think he hurt his team by leading them to believe they were playing against the refs as well. Malkin just hasn't been the same since getting rocked in Philly. I can see these teams meeting in another finals very soon, especially if the Wings can get some blue line help from the minors, yes they do have so good talent in the system.

On a side note, as much as I don't want to I have to admit Crosby has been a beast. The kid is truly a special player. I don't know if he'll ever live up to the media hype but barring injury he is going to be a once a generation skater.

Here's hoping for another great game, with the appropriate outcome.

Go Wings!!

PS: Bassman you avoid the city and I avoid the outlying areas for probably the same reasons. To many freaks out in those parts for my liking. ;)

Last edited:

angus63

Captain

Not a hockey fan, but playoff hockey reminds me of a well choreographed ballea (sp?) with weapons. I'm enjoying it! Also reminds me that there's only 3 months left till NFL Football kickoff!!!!

96 Wellcraft

Seaman Apprentice

I think the Red Wings play a very good version of the neutral zone trap. In 2003 this was hockey, in today's hockey this is obstruction. The referee's have done a poor job with all games this playoffs. I am not a Wings nor a Penguins fan, go CAPS! I am a fan of all hockey and the controversy of the officiating and the return of Devils hockey will again kill any TV coverage, not that we have great coverage anyway?.:mad:

jcsercsa

Captain

OOOOHHHH MAN what did I do ??? Hope i didnt jenks them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John its 2 nothing 4;50 left in the frist

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, I was really wishing Dallas would beat Detroit so the Pens would have a better chance ... Detroit's experience has just taken the Pens out of their game! The Wings defense has been awesome, and your are right, Malkin has been somewhere else. To be honest with you, I think the Pens were hurting from the Flyers series (they took some good hits in that one) and when they came out in game one and got tatooed by the Red Wings big hitters, they have been skating scared ever since. Making uncharacteristic turnovers (and that is because of the great Wings defense).

Tonight it started out ugly for the Pens, but they stepped it up halfway through the first period, and the Pens goal by Kronwall ( ;) :p :D ) sure did help a lot. Now we will see what the next 2 periods bring, but we could have a 3-2 series and new life (at least another day) for the Pens.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Ouch!! First period goes to Penguins, Wings out hustled, outplayed, outscored, looking sloppy, and unfocused. :mad:

DaleT, agree with your entire post, btw I avoid Detoit and area because of traffic and (percieved by me ) crime.

aspeck

Staff member

WOW!!!! What a second period! Pens really hurt themselves ... literally! Gonchar falling headfirst into the boards and going off the ice, and Malone blocking his own teammates slap shot with his FACE! Man, that was a bloody mess!

Look out for a wild 3rd period!

angus63

Captain

Fluery stop on the breakaway was textbook!!!!!

Bigprairie1

Commander

....whew!! Hang on its going to be a big 3rd period. I have a feeling the next goal wins.....now Wings or Pens?
That stop on Samuelsson was unbelieveable!!:eek:Great Hockey all around.....but again, where the He-L is Malkin??

aspeck

Staff member

Malkin is home already, but Gonchar and Malone are back and ready to play!

aspeck

Staff member

Red Wings thought they got the next goal - but it never went it! WHEW!

jcsercsa

Captain

and helm !! man he is really moven !!!! LETS GO WINGS !!! YESSSSSS 2 TO 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO They called it back !!!!! John