Sewing thread recommendations for a class 15 machine

rustybronco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
V92 thread is for most seams. V172 is for top-stitch seams of contrasting color.

shop around. Sunbrella is only $17 / yard thru the high-volume places.
$17 a yard for Sunbrella marine? That's cheap. It retails for $37.95 a yard.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
$17 a yard for Sunbrella marine? That's cheap. It retails for $37.95 a yard.
OEMs pay about $11-16 a yard depending on volume and color

Wholesale Companies like fabric warehouse and trivantage have good prices

Here is navy blue for $14/yard

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Sunbrella is just one of many names for the same product coming from Glen Raven mills

rustybronco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sunbrella is just one of many names for the same product coming from Glen Raven mills
Good information as always Scott.

Now to find Burgundy acrylic fabric in a house brand so I can make replacement color matching bow and canopy covers.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Good information as always Scott.

Now to find Burgundy acrylic fabric in a house brand so I can make replacement color matching bow and canopy covers.
I lucked out. I managed to get a roll of grey and a roll of black sunbrella that was being sold as excess inventory from an upholstery shop going out of business. I bid $20 for the pair..

rustybronco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also, from the link you gave, trivantage is under the Glen Raven and mills umbrella.

rustybronco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Update. I returned the Sunbrella I bought off Amazon. I was able to get 5 - 2.38 yard remnants of the same material off Ebay for $70.95 shipped. 64 inch width 80 inches in length, 11.9 yards total. Should be more than enough for the bimini, cockpit and bow covers.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've been making sheaths for my knives for a couple years now and am just starting the research for a new sewing machine. I'd like to stay in the 1k -2 k ball park and want to be able to sew liner material as well as the finished sheath outer.
Thanks much! sewingempire.com/
I bought a Juki Industrial Walking foot machine with table for $1800. It's servo driven, runs great. Will do at least 8 layers of seat vinyl without any hesitation as well as several layers of leather.