Scooters anyone ?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sam I'll give you $400 on the spot and do the chrome polishing myself...deal?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Let me put another 50,000 miles on it ,then we’ll talk !!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sam - Ya know the nicest people only ride Hondas, doncha? Like me. :smile: :peep:

You got the whole magilla package. A scoot, helmets, carrier, windshield and a trunk. :thumb:

A 4 stroke motor?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yes 4 stroke fuel injected . Been reading about break in seeing as it has less than 300 miles on it .
‘It’s been said to break in slow 3/4 throttle for 600 miles then oil change . Or run it like you stole it .
Right now my son in law is on it so consider it stolen.. LOL !

GA_Boater

He'll bring it back this afternoon, just in time for changing the break-in oil or due for the next one. :eek: :D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay Sam, my final offer. I'll give you $500 dollars and that's it. I would offered more, but since the SIL has it, I have no idea what condition it will be in when it gets back. So $500 could be a deal... Think about it... lol

I'd like to have one but I haven't really looked. I was looking for some type golf cart to take the wife and I around the neighborhood in the evenings for look-sees. But my younger adult son suggested I get a UTV instead. I get the feeling HE wants me to buy one so he can BORROW IT for hunting... But their cost seems pretty high for a mere neighborhood traveling now and then.

Think about that $500. That deal could be removed any time now...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
OK guys, learn the lingo or be shunned.

Not a trunk.
Not a rear compartment.

Its a top case.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Getting my motorcycle endorsement this week end . Already took the on line portion of the coarse . Been about 25 years since I’ve ridden for any length of time . And that was on a little dirt bike . I did get on my sil’ s 1300 Yamaha cruiser for a trip around the block a few days ago .
‘That could have went better .. LOL ! I found myself going way to wide on the turns ... That and he has that rocker type gear peddle that’s not working very well atm . That bike is just way to big for me right now .. Maybe with more practice .. The Safety coarse is providing the bikes .. I think just some standard type 150’s or something .. Wish me luck !
Bad thing is down here all the DMV related stuff is on a waiting list of over a month ... Pretty ridiculous...

GA_Boater

Maybe the riding part will on 194 MPH Hayabusas or 2500 CC Triumph Rockets. That will separate the men from the boys. EEK!

What course are you taking?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

dolluper

Captain
First bike (scooter ) l had was a 1964 Honda 55cc step through auto clutch..l saved money from a paper route and bought it 50 bones....had to rebuild the engine...my first engine rebuild ever l was twelve years old ..pushed it up to the school yard after rebuild and ran it around the school yard ....it was a blast until l hit the front brake on wet grass and slide into chain link fence and pole ....broke my arm ...my first break lol. It still runs to this day ...l would buy it back in a heartbeat.
Old little Hondas fantastic machines

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Good story dolluper !
Update ... Got my license taken care of today .
Snaffu on the title and tag for the Vespa .
The PO filled out the odometer as having 226 miles ..
Well on the middle number 2 he messed up ever so slightly so the clerk said it looks like it was altered .. They won’t give me a tag/title until the seller verifies the mileage.. LOL!
And to think the same mind set is about to take over our whole health care system .. LOL!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just had first service done along with some new rubbers put on .
Old ones still had good tread but sidewalls were cracking pretty badly. This thing is a lot of fun to ride ! Good cruising speed between
50/55 at 3/4 throttle.. My sil traded his boat he almost killed himself in for a Yammy 1300 that he almost killed himself on . Front brakes locked up ... Then traded the 1300 for a 750 Yammy seen in the pic ..
So far so good on that one ..

Attachments

• 996F5ED8-A83F-4F83-A199-CDE2BEE29584.jpeg
    996F5ED8-A83F-4F83-A199-CDE2BEE29584.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 85BC9FEA-102F-46CB-ACE5-777419B7459C.jpeg
    85BC9FEA-102F-46CB-ACE5-777419B7459C.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 6

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Just had first service done along with some new rubbers put on .
Old ones still had good tread but sidewalls were cracking pretty badly. This thing is a lot of fun to ride ! Good cruising speed between
50/55 at 3/4 throttle.. My sil traded his boat he almost killed himself in for a Yammy 1300 that he almost killed himself on . Front brakes locked up ... Then traded the 1300 for a 750 Yammy seen in the pic ..
So far so good on that one ..
Sam, I wish I could find either a nice scooter for two OR a nice gas powdered golf cart or something like that so the wife and I can cruise the neighborhood for look-see trips... She can't balance herself on a scooter alone anymore since her stoke years back. But she gets around otherwise perfectly...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Carts are around just got to be ready to jump when you find a good deal .
I have an electric 36 v cart my wife an niece ride the neighborhood in.
Looking for Pokémon stops .. LOL !
Ive already been informed she wants an upgrade .😑
Not sure I want a gas one or not .. Gas ones are kind of jerky and loud ..
‘Electric ones are so smooth and quiet riding .. idk ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Carts are around just got to be ready to jump when you find a good deal .
I have an electric 36 v cart my wife an niece ride the neighborhood in.
Looking for Pokémon stops .. LOL !
Ive already been informed she wants an upgrade .😑
Not sure I want a gas one or not .. Gas ones are kind of jerky and loud ..
‘Electric ones are so smooth and quiet riding .. idk ...
Well the reason I wanted a gas one is because an electric one will need batteries charged and maintained regularly. The gas version not so much. And I think a cart would be more of a now and then situation, than a year round regular usage. IDK

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The gas ones we use at work stay broke down .. But they do get driven rough .