Scary looking I/O to outboard conversion on CL

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class
I thought this was a good example of what not to do...
It appears to be converted from an OMC stern drive.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/3313306457.html

18' alum v hull boat and galv trailer - $1800 ( 08037)
Date: 2012-10-13, 8:24PM EDT
pj7dp-3313306457@sale.craigslist.org
trade boat and trailer for ___ - $1800 (08037)

Needs to go. We do not use it and would like the space in my garage
Just sold motor today 10/7/12. Just needs motor, batt and fuel tank
18' aluminum deep v hull lone* star (alumacraft) boat wood deck classified open on title. With all contents.. anchor,seats believe a few life jackets,ect.. Clear nj title in hand in my name sitting on a galvanized tilt trailer. No title for trailer has to be reg as homemade though nj mvc. Will go with bill of sale.

Will not just trade or sell trailer

Asking $1800.00 cash or trade for .....

Looking mainly for a 4wd suv or pickup truck.. but will entertain other offers.. worse I can say is no.. please NO Gaming systems,tvs,welders, home services,

WILL ONLY DELETE AD WHEN TITLE LEAVES MY HAND. IF INTERESTED IN JUST THE BOAT MAKE OFFER. MOTOR NOT INCLUDED. THAT IS BEING SOLD seperate
BOat is and always has been garage kept. Im the second owner and the first was my father. I can no longer use it due to a military injury. Boat is just big enough and lite enough for one person to take it out. Which was great but no longer can do it. CASH OR TRADE ONLY. PICK UP ONLY.. GOOGLE 08037 IF YOU DO NOT KNOW.. LIKE I SAID WILL DELETE AD WHEN MY TITLE LEAVES MY HAND EMAILS ONLY... NO PHONE CALLS No I do not need a fishing buddy. Just would like to trade or sell.

5I65Ee5Kf3Ea3Nf3Heca791dcde7c9fc81675.jpg

5I75G25J33k53Mf3Jbca361c3d99041271893.jpg

86 century

Ensign
Re: Scary looking I/O to outboard conversion on CL

Thats sad looks like a cool old rig.

mark1961

Ensign

Needs a splashwell to go with that outboard......couple of decent waves over the stern and its swampsville.

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class

I particularly liked the round plug they stuffed in the old I/O hole. It looks like the motor only attaches to the plug, with no real support that I can see. Hopefully there's at least a huge panel across the inside. I also noticed that its being sold sans the motor.

If it were mine, I'd have welded or riveted a patch over the hole, replaced the entire wood panel, adding a few knee braces and proper stringers. I'd also have made a bolt on motor mount, not cut down the full height transom. That way it would have preserved the interior space, even a gained a bit, and still be safe in following seas.

Right now it just looks like a mess.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Disaster on a trailer ready to be a disaster on the water:(

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Disaster on a trailer ready to be a disaster on the water:(

Yeah, if some newb or someone that didn't know better tried to use it as is.

That boat can be fixed and made nice again though... but to have always been garage kept it looks pretty gnarly.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Maybe it is one of those new-fangled, camouflaged, stealth garages...[aka;imaginary?]...:confused:...oh wait, no, I just saw the pics...he must be talking about the mini-portable, flying wing type garage that is currently deployed over the mid-section of that craft...:rolleyes:

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class

He added a few pics of the trailer, which make the whole mess look even worse.
Check out the springs and the mono leaf set up. The trailer is sprung like its going to be carrying a load of bricks.
I'm not sure if that's a rope or the tail light wiring wrapped around the axle, covered in mud dauber nests.
I also like the anchor light mounted atop the windshield frame.
I see he removed the ridiculously over sized tires so he lowered the price. I guess they were the most valuable part of the rig?
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/3313306457.html
3F53M13H45T05F45J7cag17cf3014151c1655.jpg