rhino liner on side walls

bill11

Cadet
Would it be a good idea to use truck bed spray on coatings on the inside walls above the water line of aluminum boats? I would not consider using it in the hull ( inside or out) but cant see why it wouldnt be worth doing on the inside of the boat side walls. I could be wrong so i thought i would ask. thanks bill11

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: rhino liner on side walls

It has been used here on the forum, but most of the iBoaters that I have read do NOT recommend it's use. It seems to fade overtime, hard to clean, and sometimes has peeling issues. NOT saying you can't use it, just reporting what I have read throughout the forum postings.

tboydva

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I recommend using a solvent-based poly coating like Grizzly Grip. I used this on my entire interior (vice carpeting). No peeling or washing problems for me? It's non-slip and takes a heavy beating. A light color (Dolphin Grey for me) doesn't get too hot in the sun either. As I recall, rhino liner is water based. I tried one of those products and it peeled easily. My 2c.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

uh....what the heck for?......what benefit?

bill11

Cadet

I was thinking about using it for the benifit of sound deading and having a rugged coating on the inside of my boat.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol......a lot of people try to sound proof thir tinnys.....a motor in a hollow tin tube.

the alum on your boat is far more durable than any rhino lining hoped to be. as far as the sound...

i just did a thunder jet a 24 footer. (loved that boat...it drove like a sprint car !)
for extra sound proofing......i pulled the center section of the deck....2 part foamed around the gas tank and i also poured foam between the rear motor bulkhead and the forward under deck.....easy job....
i also added more tin backed insulation in the dog house.
cut the noise by 40 %.....for more sound deadining.....i would use rubber backed carpet on the side walls.......but the sides arent where the noise is coming from. its the motor cage.