Replacing Bayliner Capri stringers/deck with pix

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Replacing Bayliner Capri stringers/deck with pix

Man thats looking good.Are you going to carpet the cuddy?Also how do you get in or out.Do you dock it every time or bank it.I never had a cuddy before and am clueless about how to get family in and out of it.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

I'm thinking of making some sweet padded, vinyl panels to fit the cuddy. We shall see.

The gunnel (I think that's the term) is pretty low in the rear (beside the engine) and you can get in and out from there. There's supposed to be a wood step there and there's also a piece of non skid tape

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Do you trim it up and back into the bank or wade out to it.Bow riders I used to bank it then just step in.Hate to keep it at a dock as I bought it to take camping and not to many camp sites have dock space here.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

heh i haven't had too much experience with it actually...could use the rear boarding ladder though

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Celebrating mother's day with the family but I was able to put another coat of resin on all the wood in the rear and put a layer of 18 oz down under the jump seats...I figured the floor should be durable there cuz I like to throw my anchor and junk there

Stuff left to do:

-paint the floor, cabin, stuff inside

-install the seats

-install side panels (being recovered by my mom)

-wire everything back up

-replace ball gears, water pump, thermostat (have all the stuff)

-reattach stern drive

-service trailer wheel bearings, lights

-get the LeSabre ready (trailer lights, new rear coil springs, change ATF, reinstall the convertible top bows/frame and new top)

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class

The only words that come to mind are: Terrific Work F14 !!!!!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thats looking really good.

As far as getting in and out at the beach with a cuddy, I was dropping anchor off the bow, then back in toward the beach, cut engine and tilt motor up in about 3' of water. Then the bow anchor pulls tight, and I jump out with a stern line and anchor, wade up to the beach, and dig the anchor into the sand. Time to jump in as swim to shore.

The real problem is the Force motor I have has no power tilt, so its really difficult to tilt it up. And it doesn't even have a slave likethe 40hp Evinrude on my MFG where it can be tilted up just a few inches then locked in place. The Force is all up or all down, no inbetween.​

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thats looking really good.​

As far as getting in and out at the beach with a cuddy, I was dropping anchor off the bow, then back in toward the beach, cut engine and tilt motor up in about 3' of water. Then the bow anchor pulls tight, and I jump out with a stern line and anchor, wade up to the beach, and dig the anchor into the sand. Time to jump in as swim to shore.​

The real problem is the Force motor I have has no power tilt, so its really difficult to tilt it up. And it doesn't even have a slave likethe 40hp Evinrude on my MFG where it can be tilted up just a few inches then locked in place. The Force is all up or all down, no inbetween. If I had power tilt, it would be a different story.​

bear_69cuda

Commander

You should be fine with the epoxy on everything in the stern area, deck is glassed, and strong to support weight... Great work dude!

F14CRAZY

Ensign

thanks again..nice to know I'm doing things right :)

F14CRAZY

Ensign

one coat on stuff so far

l_99bac19bdbe34122a7ab44e5a7479ff8.jpg

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Looking sharp dude dont stop the updates yet.More more more.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

last night I gave the rear another coat and did the seat boxes.

In addition to that, I thought it would be good to replace the impeller in the sterndrive and I ended up cracking the impeller housing :mad:...$120 spent on ebay...

but I did get the new engine water pump on

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Do you have a cobra?I bought a pump kit cheap some where I look back.It had impeller pump and all for 50ish.Sorry about the crack though.Cant wait to see it riding down the water.Hopefully for next weekend for mine

oops!

Supreme Mariner

good job bud.....

its just beauteful out today.....instead of boating....im working on my boat at the shop!

summers coming fast!

cheers
oops

F14CRAZY

Ensign

thanks oops. It rained a little on and off today but my project is inside anyway

Do you have a cobra?I bought a pump kit cheap some where I look back.It had impeller pump and all for 50ish.Sorry about the crack though.Cant wait to see it riding down the water.Hopefully for next weekend for mine

Yeah the pump kit I got through ebay wasn't bad but I suppose I should have just left it...it wasn't giving me problems but I figured it would be good to replace since I have the sterndrive off anyway. It's not a Cobra BTW...the old style Series 400.

l_c2c282fe9aff400984a9b1277ccfffc4.jpg

this is from today...got non skid on the floor, seats installed, and put the new ball gear, seals, and O ring on the intermediate housing.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

This past weekend and today:

-fixed trailer lights

-reinstalled side glass

-sanded, restained the cabin doors (weather and grey, turned out pretty well but I only did the outside and I think I'll do the inside too)

-reattched the fuel tank lines

-installed new lower thermostat housing, new thermostat

-finished cutting on the new starboard side panel of which is being recovered in new vinyl right now

-bunch of other little things

NickAndJena

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lookin' good. Now you have a place to sit when you're taking a break from all the boat work. I look forward to having a place in the boat to sit again.

Cheers,
Nick

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Looks great.Hey If you ever get tired of those seats bring them to me they would look awesome in mine.Your rig is going to look better than when she was rolled out new.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Finished sanding my hull repairs, mounted the battery box, cabin doors, and bilge inspection port