Removing my windshield

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok guys my next step is removing my winshield.I looked up under the consoles and seen no screws.I have to assume i have to remove the black molding strips shown in the picture.My question is do i need a special tool or anything i should know before trying to get these strips off?

Portsidedone007.jpg

Portsidedone008.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Removing my windshield

there are screws behind the rubber trim. lay it out flat, and will be easier to reinstall.

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for that tip TD.So i just need to get something thin underneath it to get it out?

flabum

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for that tip TD.So i just need to get something thin underneath it to get it out?
Yes, a regular screwdriver will do the trick.....start at one end, get the end out and just pull.

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you! Atleast this part of the project wont be so smelly:D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i made a special tool for things like that and rubrails. a paint key that you open paint cans. ground the tip so it was straight with the shaft, and then sharpened the bent tip.. it slips right in and pries the rubber out.

erikgreen

Captain

Beware that on my windshield, the rubber was hard from being in the sun, and it cracked and snapped coming out. You might want to make sure you can get something to replace it before you remove it, if looks are important to you.

For me, I'm hoping to replace the windshield, so no problem.

Erik

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh ya i want it to look good when im done.I will do my best to get it out in decent shape.

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well all went well today with getting the windshield off.Turned out they were plastic moldings.Easily pryed them out with a small thin screwdriver.

Windshieldremovalandmisc005.jpg

Windshieldremovalandmisc013.jpg