Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
cmon kc i wanna se this splashed before i finish next boat :) i been putting off work on it but about to hit it hot and heavy since all my outboard parts came in :)_

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
All good 1 more side to do but the weather, RAIN here is really the oddest I've ever seen. Almost tropical. Moisture is nonstop. Taken a few days off starting tomorrow to see if I can make a dent.

zool

Captain
All good 1 more side to do but the weather, RAIN here is really the oddest I've ever seen. Almost tropical. Moisture is nonstop. Taken a few days off starting tomorrow to see if I can make a dent.
Yeah, spring temps and summer humidity......it sucks... ;)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I ordered and received 6 teak handrails off facebook. They were finished with
something like urethane, varnish. Pretty messed up, 2 had breaks where they
mount to the roof or deck. The fella I got them from recently upgraded his boat to stainless. He was great to work with and yapped over the past weekend...
I just like teak.
Started with a sander then moved to chemical of which then had to also be sanded. Finished with hand sanding. Added a wood brightener and finished
with watco teak oil.
Looking forward to the install.
T1.JPG T2.JPG

T3.JPG T4.JPG

T5.JPG T6.JPG

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
And so the work goes on....Placed some teak rails for visual. I have no problem with the roof rail.
I taped up 1 on the house rear for looks. May be too big. Easy enought to trim down for fit.
Looking for opinions is all. Also def. adding a pc. to bow area over cuddy.

rails 1.JPG rails 2.JPG

Next was the starboard side gunnels upside down glass. I put both sides to last cause I hate upside down glassing. Port completed and as far as looks could care less. Ply under gunnels were already glassed and secured with pb.
I had pb edges and want glass to keep it in place.
Experimented with an idea I read about upside down so here goes;
Sprayed underside of gunnels and also sprayed glass cut to fit with contact cement. I was able to apply 3' pcs x12" to the underside with good adhesion and work out air and work edges.
Set in place, let set up and epoxied.
I'm ok with the results and glad that lap is over. These pics show dry glass waiting to get wet.
Note; Glass took epoxy just great for wet out.

glue 3.JPG glue 1.JPG glue 2.JPG

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Question.
I'm going to mount the teak rails and have read using butylene. I was considering using 4200. Any opinions?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Drilled out for 4 rod holders, stern light and gas fill. Then wetted out to seal. Also another coat on teak where the edges are, that area sucks up the oil. Edge cut/grain cuts def need more attention to seal vs. flat grain.
Also ordered 2 more rod holders for stern 30 deg.
rod 1.JPG rod 2.JPG

rod 3.JPG rod 4.JPG

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Here we go...
I shopped for the acrylic plexiglass to finish my boat windows. Went to original vendor and a 2nd vendor. Appears the majority of the mfg's are down south like Tx.
Verbally recieved quotes and no priced quote return via em from vendors. Another conversation was they are short handed, no-one wants to work and they are busy.
Eventually was able to get online quote with pricing. Was good @$300.00
Shipping @$600.00 add'l.
Time to regroup.
Just a fyi.