Really miss not being able to go boating !

ahicks

Captain
Achris, just wanted to mention I have no intention of picking on you, just trying to help get you "over the hump" regarding credit card use. There is no doubt there are a lot of myths in play, especially on the internet, and they need to be called out for what they are - a myth! -Al

Cobe Marine

Cadet
I can't see how or why boating will be affected.. Like mentioned above lots of places are closed but you can still go out side and what is more out side than boating?

Maryland: NO recreational boating allowed. You ARE allowed to be out if actively fishing, as this falls under the "sustaining" guide lines. Suddenly, everyone's a fisherman!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Gee Don, the OP's post about Really Miss not being able to go boating has deviated to cash/debit/credit cards use. As stated and now confirmed, deviation off course it's the spirit of the forums LOL!!

Happy Boating [h=2][/h]

MRS

Commander
Yup miss boating just got done added another rod holder and a rod locker on the pontoon plus a promarine 2 bank charger.
The rod locker will be nice will not have to haul the rods up to the room every night when fishing away from home for a couple of days. And added anchor eyes to hold down the shore chairs we carry on the boat they were always in the way not
now and a hold down for the ice chest should be good to go when we can unless I can think of something else to add.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Gee Don, the OP's post about Really Miss not being able to go boating has deviated to cash/debit/credit cards use. As stated and now confirmed, deviation off course it's the spirit of the forums LOL!!

Happy Boating [h=2][/h]

Boats use gas. People have to buy gas. They either use cash or a credit card. The topic has not deviated, it has merely evolved.

If someone came on and asked if a 3 blade prop is better than a 4-blade, that would be a hijack, or in a sense, a deviation.

Regardless, why does it matter? Worldwide we are all in the same pickle. I'm glad the mods are being tolerant of a little evolution. No matter what we say, its all pleasant conversation among people with the same interests. As long as we are civil to one another its all good. The spirit of the forums is help and be helped.

Now what't the answer about that prop problem...LOL.

MRS

Commander
ooh one more thing I got to add looking for a good hulu girl bobble to put on the helm.:bounce:

MRS

Commander
Oop's meant Hula girl bobble head just got into the huckleberry vodka is to good :very_drunk:
Every body be safe as you can be....

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
My helm has a chart plotter and a Compass. My Hula girls sits beside me on the companion seat. I haven't seen her head bobble though...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Jim S123,

Don't have any issues if it's called deviation, off course with any OP's specific posted topic, the issue is that if you remember well both have been pointed out by the mods for doing so..:facepalm:

Happy Boating

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Boats use gas. People have to buy gas. They either use cash or a credit card. The topic has not deviated, it has merely evolved.

Boy, is that a stretch. An A for effort tho.....šŸ˜„

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
The issue I have with it is the banks use that information when accessing you for a loan. They deem anything spent on 'non-essentials' (and that includes anything to do with a boat, including fuel) as a debt when doing the assets/liabilities assessment. I have a couple of friends who work in banks. They have both told me, on separate occasions, DON'T use cards to buy things, you have no idea what the banks do with that information... Same with those loyalty cards from the supermarkets. I got my arm twisted to get one. Now my inbox is full of junk from the supermarket, advertising the things I have been buying at special prices.

As the Nike ad says, 'Just don't do it'....

Chris........

Get yourself an American Express BLUEBIRD card.
A prepaid debit card.

You can add cash to the temporary card once, then go complete the registration
and they will send you a card with your name on it.
Go to Walmart or online, add money to the card, and use it.

Not a credit card and not linked to your bank,
and from what I have seen in the last year,
doesn't show up on any credit report.

I use it to put an extra layer of security between hackers and my cash.
All they could ever get is the cash on the card, which is protected through AMEX.

Was a victim of a data breach a few years ago with Discover card used at Target store.
So now I use this card and credit cards are collecting dust in the drawer.

To stay on topic, I too miss boating.
But the ice just went out here, so I gassed up the boat using the BlueBird card, and then
went to get my new fishing license.

Normally I would have been walleye fishing on the river already, but I"m busy
moving into the house I just bought. 6 more days to get as much done
as I can, so I can go fishing next week.

Then back to work on the 20th, making food for all you guys that want to eat frozen dinners while boating.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Happy Boating

I think the site cops are being lenient since a lot of us are at home and have caught up on all our chores and things we were "gonna fix" and all, so we enjoy this virtual coffee shop discussing one of our pleasures in life. Besides, it keeps us out from under "wifees" feet adding to peace and harmony in the home. Grin

On Jim's "boats use gas" comment, at $1.65 a gallon and dropping, it's like trying to keep a race horse in the chute before the bell sounds and the gate opens.....

Last edited:

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
We're lucky enough to have our own slip. My wife and I have taken the boat out 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks. Supposedly only family members are allowed on the boat and there is a limit of 3 people. I live in SC so the rules may be different where you are.

southkogs

Staff member
We're much the same here in TN. In fact, I haven't seen any limitations to how many people can be on board here in TN - though it wouldn't surprise me if there was one. Some ramps are open, and some are closed, so you have to know where you're going - and the marinas all look to be closed. So no dock gas either.

But we've been out a few times.