Random

bassman284

Commander
Yeah, I live in Iowa and some years ago Iowa required Amish buggies to display a reflective orange triangle signifying a slow moving vehicle. AFIK Iowa does not require lights although some Amish display them.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Yeah, I live in Iowa and some years ago Iowa required Amish buggies to display a reflective orange triangle signifying a slow moving vehicle. AFIK Iowa does not require lights although some Amish display them.
I think same here in NYS, never seen any lights - but it seems to be OK to have young kids only in there, must not be any rules on that (since it's not a "motor vehicle"?)

dwco5051

Commander
In Michigan, not sure if it's a law, seen buggies with flashing amber light bars...
Depends first what sect they are and what rules set by their district bishops. Most of my neighbors are fairly liberal and thanks to batteries and led lights they have driving lights, marker lights and turn signals. There is a small group of "Old Schoolers" also in the area and as the name implies are the most conservative and only use two combination head light and tail light kerosene lamps.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We had a family of armadillos yesterday. I almost didnt get they boys back in the house at 0530. They were about two foot ouside the fence and the boys were unfortunately doing what they were bred for.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
So true.

Once when married the ex i asked her why on fathers day i was expected to act as if it was mothers day (week) and she told me it was so that i could revel in the day (week) of doing my fatherly duties for her and our son. Never did get a weekend off. Well, she the ex now so....

southkogs

Staff member
Mother's Day = that day when Dad takes the children and gives Mom a break from the everyday stress of her world.

Father's Day = that day when Mom steps out of the way and let's Dad have a whole day with his children all to himself.

FLATHEAD

Commander
Granddaughter came running up on the deck yesterday hollering Snake! Told us a giant snake was eating a baby bird down on the edge of the woods. Turned out to be an eastern garter feasting on a toad. Took about an hour after the pic was taken for him to get it down.

IMG_4773.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well it is bonaroo week in our little town. Officially we have a population of 13,000. The festival is expecting over 80,000 to the farm this year. Not a record but close.

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ Interstate 24 through Middle Tennessee for the next week :)
1686835037983.png
Hope everyone is safe and has a good time. I haven't even looked at the lineup for this year.