Random

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yeah, those 2 are wack jobs....

Impressive work on it and FarmTruck though and both certainly pound asphalt @ street races.

I prefer the nearly perfect sleeper look of the 517hp Su-be-Bug

Krazeehorse

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Two guys at work

First guy: I'll be late tomorrow, I have to attend a sensitivity Training because I never called someone by their preferred pronoun.

Second guy: I've been there but I learnt my lesson.

Next time say, "I identify as a logical thinking humanoid whose perspective is based on biological evidence rather than self-entitled manipulations of language and petty feelings."

And then add, "As someone well educated with the notion of freedom of choice, I'm sure you will understand."

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well I finally done it. This year, after 15 years of using a Troy Built 4 cycle string trimmer, I gave up repairing it and bought a Greekworks 40 volt 16" string trimmer. My son bought one and told me it would accept all the Troy Built attachments. Once I verified that it actually would with his, I broke down and bought one. The Troy Built has been rebuilt too many times now and this last time it wasn't looking too well. Time to move on. Amazing the power of a 40 volt brushless motor. And being a 40 volt 4ah battery (and I have two of them now) I don't see any issues...presently. We'll see...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have a question for...well anyone. I need to purchase an ACURATE tire pressure gauge. Seems my old Milton S-506 type isn't getting it done anymore. Yes, I have disassembled it and cleaned it and that maybe the cause of such wrong readings now. Our XT5 Cadillac will tell you in a heart beat if the tires are low. And that happened to us and I used the Milton inflator to fill up the tire to the proper 35psi setting. But the display still stated the tire was low. Thinking it was a bad pressure sender in the rim itself, we went to the GM dealer and they checked and stated it was indeed low. They filled it up to the proper setting and WALA, all is good in the world again. And they tested the other tires and they all checked good too. So my Milton must be wrong and since it is decades old now and not reading correct. I want to buy a good quality pressure gauge that is known for accuracy. Any suggestions...?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
^^^^ I wish I could tell you what brand it is but I can't find any markings, it's 12" long. Lol. Been using it for years. Seems to be accurate. Matches vehicle readings. Heavy duty like garages use.... I know I'm basically 0 help.... 🙄20210222_122511.jpg

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I had the same problem a few years ago while on a trip in Yuma AZ. My tire gauge registered much lower than the TPM system so I was questioning the TPM system on my Chevy pickup. I picked up a nail so I went to a tire shop for repairs. I told them that I thought the TPM system was way off. They informed me that the TPM systems are usually more accurate than hand held gauges.
I did a search in the web and found a digital gauge that was rated highly accurate. I don't recall the name but it cost me over $30. It works great and has been highly reliable for several years now and agrees well with my TPM system that reads out in PSI for each tire.
Do a search of the web and you should be able to find one that is accurate and doesn't put you in the (Poor House).
Hope that helps a little.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I had the same problem a few years ago while on a trip in Yuma AZ. My tire gauge registered much lower than the TPM system so I was questioning the TPM system on my Chevy pickup. I picked up a nail so I went to a tire shop for repairs. I told them that I thought the TPM system was way off. They informed me that the TPM systems are usually more accurate than hand held gauges.
I did a search in the web and found a digital gauge that was rated highly accurate. I don't recall the name but it cost me over $30. It works great and has been highly reliable for several years now and agrees well with my TPM system that reads out in PSI for each tire.
Do a search of the web and you should be able to find one that is accurate and doesn't put you in the (Poor House).
Hope that helps a little.
Actually I have already searched that very question about accurate tire gauges. Here is the top pick from most places.

JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge - 60 PSI​

Seems a lot of people like this version and seems to meet my needs as well. Unless I find something else better, I think this is the one for me...for right now. I really loved the Milton S 506 one for decades but seems it is not on anymore... Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

aspeck

Staff member
I find it interesting that on Amazon the 200PSI digital JACO ElitePro guage is $27.90 whereas the 60PSI digital JACO ElitePro guage is $29.90. Go figure!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I find it interesting that on Amazon the 200PSI digital JACO ElitePro guage is $27.90 whereas the 60PSI digital JACO ElitePro guage is $29.90. Go figure!
I guess the sensor has to me more precise with the lower range then with a larger range. It really all depends on what they are using for the sensor assembly. If it is the typical C type bourdon tube, I guess it has to be more precisely made and therefore the increase cost. OR, it could be just another way to sway folks to buy the more profitable item for them... IDK

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I guess the sensor has to me more precise with the lower range then with a larger range. It really all depends on what they are using for the sensor assembly. If it is the typical C type bourdon tube, I guess it has to be more precisely made and therefore the increase cost. OR, it could be just another way to sway folks to buy the more profitable item for them... IDK
The question is not how accurate the gauge is, but how accurate does the gauge need to be since the sensors don't actually measure tire pressure?

The sensors are looking for a differential between “stored” and “measured” values.

Storage mode: If the pressure is below 1.5 bar (21.75 psi), pressure is measured every 60 seconds but no data is sent. If the pressure increases above 1.5 bars, the component shifts into the Initial mode.

Initial mode: This mode occurs at power on or if the pressure increases above 1.5 bar from Storage mode. In this mode, pressure is measured every 0.85 seconds and data is sent every 0.85 seconds. This sequence is repeated 256 times. After the sequence is repeated 256 times, the device shifts into the Normal mode only if pressure is above 1.5 bar. If the pressures below 1.5 bar, the device will shift into the Storage mode.

Normal mode: Pressure is measured every 3.4 seconds and data is transmitted every 60 seconds. If the measured pressure differs by more than 200 mbar (2.9 psi) from the reference taken every 60 seconds, the device enters a pressure alert mode.

Systems are typically configured to “alarm” at +/- 25% of recommended air pressure.

Last edited:

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The question is not how accurate the gauge is, but how accurate does the gauge need to be since the sensors don't actually measure tire pressure?

The sensors are looking for a differential between “stored” and “measured” values.

Storage mode: If the pressure is below 1.5 bar (21.75 psi), pressure is measured every 60 seconds but no data is sent. If the pressure increases above 1.5 bars, the component shifts into the Initial mode.

Initial mode: This mode occurs at power on or if the pressure increases above 1.5 bar from Storage mode. In this mode, pressure is measured every 0.85 seconds and data is sent every 0.85 seconds. This sequence is repeated 256 times. After the sequence is repeated 256 times, the device shifts into the Normal mode only if pressure is above 1.5 bar. If the pressures below 1.5 bar, the device will shift into the Storage mode.

Normal mode: Pressure is measured every 3.4 seconds and data is transmitted every 60 seconds. If the measured pressure differs by more than 200 mbar (2.9 psi) from the reference taken every 60 seconds, the device enters a pressure alert mode.

Systems are typically configured to “alarm” at +/- 25% of recommended air pressure.
That's more information than I ever knew.
In addition : accuracy is specified in two methods.
1. percentage of reading
2. percentage of full scale
The latter is not as accurate at lower readings in percentage.
Precision is not accuracy but does give you more information that may or may not be accurate. Digital gauges usually give you more precision. Analog gauges used to have mirrors behind the pointer to help one avoid parallax while reading.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
That's more information than I ever knew.
In addition : accuracy is specified in two methods.
1. percentage of reading
2. percentage of full scale
The latter is not as accurate at lower readings in percentage.
Precision is not accuracy but does give you more information that may or may not be accurate. Digital gauges usually give you more precision. Analog gauges used to have mirrors behind the pointer to help one avoid parallax while reading.
Most don't understand the difference between accuracy and precision.

We manufacture industrial measurement systems. We spec an accuracy (± 0.1 % of measured value) but the most import attributes for a customer are Stability and Reproducibility (Precision).

Attachments

• 640px-Accuracy_and_precision.svg (2).png
    640px-Accuracy_and_precision.svg (2).png
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Krazeehorse

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you are ever caught sleeping on the job, raise your head and say "In Jesus name, Amen!"

Before 2020, we were pretty wild! Remember how we all used to eat cake after someone blew out the candles! Crazy times!!

Attention! Don't wear headphones while vacuuming! I just finished the whole house and realized the vacuum wasn't even plugged in!

Never trust an electrician with no eyebrows!

Pro Cooking tip!

If you stir coconut oil into your kale, it makes it easier to scrape it into the trash!

Brain cells, hair cells and skin cells- they all die constantly, but freaking fat cells seem to have eternal life.

And now this for our golfer friends...

A golfer is in a competitive match with a friend, who is ahead by a couple of strokes. "Boy, I'd give anything to sink this putt", the golfer mumbles to himself.

Just then, a stranger walks up beside him and whispers, "Would you be willing to give up a quarter of your sex life to sink the putt?"

Thinking the man is crazy and his answer will be meaningless, the golfer also feels that maybe this is a good omen, so he says, "Sounds good to me," and promptly sinks the putt!

Two holes later, he mumbles to himself again, "Gosh, I wish I could get an eagle on this one."

The same stranger is suddenly at his side again and whispers, "Would it be worth giving up another quarter of your sex life to make an eagle?"

Shrugging, the golfer replies, "Okay." And, amazingly, he makes the eagle.

On the final hole, the golfer needs another eagle to win. Without waiting for him to say anything, the stranger quickly moves to his side and says, "Would winning this match be worth giving up the rest of your sex life?"

"Definitely," the golfer replies, and sure enough he makes the eagle and wins the match.

As the golfer is walking to the club house, the stranger walks along beside him and says, "I haven't really been fair with you because you don't know who I am. I'm Satan, and from this day forward you really will have no sex life at all."

"Nice to meet you," the golfer replies. "I'm Father O'Malley."

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Need to get this thread back on track, away from all this intelligent discussion... .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1613823061839.jpg
    FB_IMG_1613823061839.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11