Staff member
can someone explain this:

Howard_the_Duck_%281986%29.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
can someone explain this:

Howard_the_Duck_%281986%29.jpg
a classic movie.

Short story; as short as I can make it...

about 7 years ago per facebook we put in our pool. Sat most of the winter and in spring it of course was nasty water from sitting until we could actually start it up and chemicals and such. Couldn't see more than an inch or two deep.
Walking around it one mid spring day (back when i) smoking and looked at the steps and WTF, a turtle. About the size of a silver dollar, if anyone remembers those. Snapping it turned out after I caught him.

we are about a mile as the crow flies from the Duck river (remember that name, it comes into play in a minute) and at least two miles from any known pond. Where did this little dude come from and ending up in our pool?

We named him Howard because he must have been transported from another universe. Or at least dropped maybe by a bird trying to eat him, from the Duck river....

Hopefully is is growing well at Tims Ford lake, in the deep cove next to the State Park.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
This is real comics, not the LASER gun monster/human killing things kids are watching these days. And to think they won't allow these type comics anymore because they are too violent... Oh please...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
"I say, I say, listen here son"... lol. Yup, they were the best....

received_1011652036000215.gif

dwco5051

Commander
a classic movie.

Short story; as short as I can make it...

about 7 years ago per facebook we put in our pool. Sat most of the winter and in spring it of course was nasty water from sitting until we could actually start it up and chemicals and such. Couldn't see more than an inch or two deep.
Walking around it one mid spring day (back when i) smoking and looked at the steps and WTF, a turtle. About the size of a silver dollar, if anyone remembers those. Snapping it turned out after I caught him.

we are about a mile as the crow flies from the Duck river (remember that name, it comes into play in a minute) and at least two miles from any known pond. Where did this little dude come from and ending up in our pool?

We named him Howard because he must have been transported from another universe. Or at least dropped maybe by a bird trying to eat him, from the Duck river....

Hopefully is is growing well at Tims Ford lake, in the deep cove next to the State Park.
Females will commonly travel for a mile or so from the water to lay their eggs. Hatchlings will then move on until they find water, i.e. your pool

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I got a good question for the group. Have any of you tried to apply hose ends on both water hoses and pneumatic hoses with compression sleeves or ferrules? Seems I am always needing to make an air hose for some small length and replace damaged hose on air hoses. Just wondering how well the Vice Grip type ferrule tools work. They are reasonably cheap and if they did work well, I have to buy the tools and ferrules for both air and water hoses. Tired of the typical screw type hose clamps now...

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I got a good question for the group. Have any of you tried to apply hose ends on both water hoses and pneumatic hoses with compression sleeves or ferrules? Seems I am always needing to make an air hose for some small length and replace damaged hose on air hoses. Just wondering how well the Vice Grip type ferrule tools work. They are reasonably cheap and if they did work well, I have to buy the tools and ferrules for both air and water hoses. Tired of the typical screw type hose clamps now...
Bought a pair years back to repair the hoses on welding torches. Worked OK, but not the greatest. The ratchet type crimpers work much better

I use push-loc fittings on everything around the house. More than adequate for low pressure air and water applications. Reusable and don't require clamps to met spec