Quit My Job . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
Women, the Fastest Wallet/Bank Account Reducer, ever known to man...
True, but some (many) may not think that. Earlier in life the Admiral 'blamed' me for frivolous spending. So, for about a year or two I traced every dollar that came into and out of our household. It became apparent who was spending 'all the money'. :LOL:

Although recently I did get critiqued for throwing 4 of the '5 cent deposit' beer cans in the regular recycle bin. Had I continued to do that several million more times, it may have substantially cut into the 'next boat' fund :ROFLMAO: .

tphoyt

Ensign
Personally my son has out done my wife and daughter. It all started with hockey. It’s a really expensive sport to play. But I have no regrets.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Personally my son has out done my wife and daughter. It all started with hockey. It’s a really expensive sport to play. But I have no regrets.
Usually I find what I consider a waste of money, like eating out, expensive gifts and such is what my wife likes and what I like such as stuff for my boat or other toys she calls a waste. Just different priorities. The one thing we both agree on is spoiling our 3 yr old grandson!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Usually I find what I consider a waste of money, like eating out, expensive gifts and such is what my wife likes and what I like such as stuff for my boat or other toys she calls a waste. Just different priorities. The one thing we both agree on is spoiling our 3 yr old grandson!
Women are Greatest/Fastest Wallet/Bank Account Reducers ever known to Mankind

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I retired the end of Feb/23. Just passed in the paperwork for my rehire today. I love being retired and not bored, but full pension and pay for 3 days a week was hard to turn down. Besides poppy needs a new kicker, 12 ft aluminum boat, new exhaust on truck, wife wants new appliances, vacation to Europe, etc. No real "needs" but lots of "wants"!

FLATHEAD

Commander
Not me 2 years out and I’ll never go back. Spend my days fishin and huntin , as a matter of fact I’m in a treestand now.
It’s what I worked and saved for. You never know when your times up
IMG_5127.jpeg

flashback

Captain
Most of the time I don't know what time it is! To me that's retired, some may want more, all I need is tomorrow...

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
Officially I retired last year and I ALWAYS have a list of things (it will never end) . My wife tells me that I put personal deadlines on projects but they are fun to finish.

Congratulations on your decision!! Go and enjoy life more!
Retrie already. gud luck

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Not me 2 years out and I’ll never go back. Spend my days fishin and huntin , as a matter of fact I’m in a treestand now.
View attachment 389591
Nice. I should be hunting right now! Been rather busy with life, I’m going to setup my ground blind next week.
sit on the couch all day, they call ya lazy. Sit in the blind all day, they call you an active warrior! Lol

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
View attachment 389591
Good luck with your hunting! My brother just phoned me 7 am this morning, he just shot a moose and wants me to give him a hand.....

tpenfield

Staff member
The Admiral has the steady income of the household. Mine is here and there. She does a monthly budget, but tends to underestimate or not include all of the costs (things like . . . auto maintenance, house maintenance, boat maintenance, etc.), so there is a constant 'dream' vs 'reality' going on.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The Admiral has the steady income of the household. Mine is here and there. She does a monthly budget, but tends to underestimate or not include all of the costs (things like . . . auto maintenance, house maintenance, boat maintenance, etc.), so there is a constant 'dream' vs 'reality' going on.
Yeah, mine's the same, never plans for those unexpected expenses like car problems, hot water boilers quiting, etc.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yeah, mine's the same, never plans for those unexpected expenses like car problems, hot water boilers quitting, etc.
New Tires . . . $1,000
Alternator replacement . . . $1,000
Brake job . . . $600
etc.

Often comes up to $300/month, but never any consistency, so the money does not get allocated.

Reactions: KJM

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Sounds like the current Sr Mgt at my place of employment. Trying to convince them that O&M is a real cost and time consideration (especially at a 35 yr old facility). And to consider that when dreaming of feel-good projects that are so fun to talk about.

tpenfield

Staff member
Quick Update . . .

The re-upholstery business is quite slow. Lots of shops are bidding for jobs at a fraction of last year's rates. I keep getting under bid by leaps and bounds at pricing that was a slam-dunk last year. Not sure where it will all lead. I'm hoping to get a few Formula Sun Sport upholstery jobs, or perhaps another Cruisers Yacht Bowrider

Meanwhile, my new I.T. gig starts next week, so that will stoke the boat fund. :cool: