Questions about muslems

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Questions about muslems

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> Here's my answer to the terrorists:<br /><br /><br />
pbhood2.jpg
<br />-Edit-<br />We're the most powerful nation on the planet, and we get pushed around by a bunch of back-woods thugs. ??? :confused: <br /><br />H
That would be like killing a cockroach by driving over it in a HUMV.<br />Before we kill many innocents because they live amoungst evil, we should get a video camera, web connection,and tape the sandman.<br />Picture this in your mind's eye;<br />Sadamn on his knees, rope around his neck, flanked by Uniformed US soldiers with desert-camo masks on, holding M's, with the exception of the "spoksman", who wields a dull wood saw.<br />In the background are the American and Iraqi flags, side-by-side....<br /><br />The Spokesman gives the following statement;<br /> " To the terrosits, terrorist sympathisers, Aljazeeera journalists, and criminals of the mid-East. You will recognise the former leader of Iraq, Sadamn Huesain. He is in the custody of anti-insurgient forces loyal to the governments of America ,Iraq and the coalition. He kneels before you in good health. But the coalition is disgusted by the abduction of innocent workers in Iraq being beheaded by pig-scum without the courage to show thier own faces, in a hideous display of evil, and placed-upon the internet for the world to see. This stops today, this minute. As of this minute, any such murders will result in the slow beheading of the former leader of Iraq, followed life-for-life, with other prisoners of war held by the coalition forces. Coalition forces will no longer tolerate such evil without swift reprisals against those in our custody".<br />Mail this video masterpiece to Al Jazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeera...<br /><br /><br />That should at minimum, allow Iraq to regain control of it's population.

PW2

Commander

I would proceed with caution when discussing what is and isn't in the Koran. First it is a translation, so you really don't know what the original said, and second it was written centuries ago, like the Bible, and like the Bible, it is likely to contain elements that are unthinkable in today's world. <br /><br />We are at war with radical fundamentalist Muslims.<br /><br />Radical fundamentalists of virtually any religious description are bad.<br /><br />Contrary to popular belief, all terrorists are not Muslim. Tim McVeigh was not a Muslim. The KKK are not Muslims.<br /><br />Our culture, warts and all, in this day and age is pervasive in all parts of the world, and that culture will threaten many cultures around the world different than ours. Religous based textbooks in many Islamic states teach from a very early age the evils of western civilization.<br /><br />What we need to do is work with the various countries in the world, as well as our own, to teach tolerance, rather than hatred. It is not, of course, an easy task, but no civilized government entity can prosper under the fear of terrorism--be it a Islamic state or a western state--and we need to work toward this change, as long as it takes.<br /><br />Assuming, of course, that the UN or the rest of the world community does not go along with the notion of a faith based holocaust, of course.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

There is nothing in the New Testiment that promots violence in any way PW. No I cant qoute the quraan, nor will I ever qoute it but I have time and time again read scripture from that book that promote violence against all those who are not muslem. Reguardless what the original said the current is a vile book of hate towards all that dont follow their religion. My bible the Holy Bible promotes love of all....friend and foe......I wish it isnt becomeing what it is, like I said before it scares the snot out of me that my Kids may suffer much torment because of some thing that started 1000's of yrs ago but it is what it is....A holy war......us against them and if the muslems who are not nasty animals dont stand aginst their counterparts then they might as well join them just like the nazis who didnt agree with hitler and yet did nothing.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There was an interesting (yet low profile) article in our local paper which gave a range of viewpoints from around the world...<br /><br />It's good to see some Islamic leaders condemning terrorism, but I'd like to see their condemnations getting more coverage around the world - I suspect it's another case of the news media at large thinking that a "war of religions" is good for business. The news business as a whole has a lot to answer for in my opinion....<br />
<br />ALWAYS WRONG <br /><br />BBC REPORT - Christian and Islamic leaders in Liverpool have united to condemn Kenneth Bigley's Iraqi hostage-takers. The Bishop of Liverpool, James Jones, and Akbar Ali, Liverpool Mosque chairman, said the terrorists have no right to use the name of God. They also said "taking hostages and murdering them is completely and utterly un-Islamic". Mr Ali said the hostage-takers can only be described as "terrorists". <br /><br />AUSTRALIAN MUSLIM - The deliberate killing of innocent people is always wrong. Muslims know this in their bones, just as non-Muslims do. There is no need to consult the Koran to find the appropriate passage ... Some things are universal. Condemning other Muslims as evil to a Western audience is probably the hardest challenge Australian Muslims have faced. It must feel like betraying your own kind. But this taboo needs to be broken.<br />- Shahram Akbarzadeh in the Age, Melbourne <br /><br />AMERICAN BUSINESS NEWSWIRE - The Council on American-Islamic Relations today condemned the murder of American civil engineer Eugene Armstrong in Iraq and called for the immediate release of all hostages. The Washington-based Islamic civil rights and advocacy group said: "As American Muslims and people of conscience, we unequivocally reject the claim that any cause could possibly be advanced by the killing of civilians."<br />- PR Newswire <br /><br />BRITISH EXTREME RIGHT - As an increasingly growing voice for the British people, the BNP calls upon the groups representing Muslims living in Britain to condemn this brutality. The war in Iraq is not our war; it was and remains George Bush's war to secure oil for American corporations and make the Middle East safer for Israelis. A failure to condemn such barbarism can only be interpreted as silent approval of the tactics of these terror gangs in Iraq.<br />- British National Party website <br /><br />WEBLOG CONTRIBUTOR - I am comforted knowing that Hell is filled with the Muslim extremists and that Heaven is now the home of the innocents who have been murdered. The Muslim god is a dead god.<br />- Frank Falvo on/Drink This <br /><br />AMERICAN CHRISTIAN SITE - Islamist terrorists keep insisting they are fighting for Islam, but our Government and media insist Islam is peaceful, that these terrorists have hijacked a great religion. The only thing hijacked is the truth.<br />- Renew America <br /><br />ROOTS OF TERROR <br /><br />ARAB WEBSITE - The West must acknowledge the Islamic and Arab culture, the identity of Arabs and Muslims, and their rights. The West should admit terrorism springs from the oppression that the region is living under because of the remnants of colonialism, Zionist crimes and Israeli aggression, not to mention the bias of the US towards Israel. Once the Western world recognises this, we could start taking practical steps towards combating terrorism.<br />- Dar Al-Hayat <br /><br />HOSTAGE-TAKER - These [the Americans] are the most cowardly of God's creatures. They are an easy quarry, praise be to God. We ask God to enable us to kill and capture them to sow panic among those behind them.<br />- Purported message from Abu Musab al-Zarqawi quoted on CPA Iraq <br /><br />TURKISH WEBSITE - The issue of whether it is proper to kill Muslims taken captive because of their links to the US military has been a hot topic on Islamic websites. Some people appealed to the kidnappers to spare the Turks because they were "fellow Muslims". Others urged militants to decapitate them. "Turkish Muslims should be the first to demand that those hypocrites be beheaded, as they are allied with the devil," meaning the Americans, wrote one person on a website that has published al-Zarqawi statements. "They should serve as an example to every apostate"<br />
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisp...news&thesubsection=world&thesecondsubsection=

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This quote from the Australian Muslim probably sums it up...<br /><br />
<br />Condemning other Muslims as evil to a Western audience is probably the hardest challenge Australian Muslims have faced. It must feel like betraying your own kind. But this taboo needs to be broken.<br />