FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Arch, that's not fair. You won't get any of those flying bugs in the paint. Maybe you can catch a fly or two and place them on the trailer and paint over them, or throw them on the wet paint. That always looks good. Yea, that's the ticket.
The paint boot is nice, but I still need to tweak a few things. The exhaust tunnel needs to be about twice as big. No bugs GM but I did get paint on, 3 hours for etching primer (raw steel and galvanized), sealer over the etching primer then two coats of paint. I had to stretch the paint, should have got another quart....but its hard to stop when you are in the middle of it. Still turned out good! I am tired!
Looks like a lot of bending and stooping to get the gun at good angles with out spraying back in your face .. :lol:
Nice job ! So you put a sealer over the etching primer ? What did you seal it with ? I'm sure there is a reason for it but I haven't heard of doing that before ..
Does it help the finish paint stick better ?
Thanks for the comments guys. This trailer has been a LOT of work glad that it is drawing to a close. Sam, the etching primer creates a good bond with steel but is especially designed to bond with things like aluminum and galvanized metal. I sprayed a DuPont (Nason) urethane sealer on it because I had some left from the boat. The etching primer instructions call for it to be top coated before paint. So it more or less added a coat. After that I put on the single stage urethane. I am really happy with that paint, you can really load up things without worrying about runs. Its the same paint I used on Fuggly. If you shot it everyday you could get good at making things look like glass in a hurry. If anyone has specific questions on the products I used ask away.