project: camo the duracraft

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: project: camo the duracraft

5 Jon boat cleaned and camo green walls1.jpg6 Jon boat cleaned and camo green walls2.jpg7 Jon boat rubber coating1.jpg8 Jon boat rubber coating2.jpg9 Jon boat rubber coating3.jpg

preping and putting grip on the floor/seats

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

13 Jon boat camo base2.jpg14 Jon boat camo base3.jpg17 Jon boat camo shadow grass3.jpg18 Jon boat camo shadow grass4.jpg19 Jon boat camo shadow grass5.jpg

base coated and my homemade stencil work (over 5 hours in making those badbays)

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

16 Jon boat camo shadow grass2.jpg20 seats before.jpg21 seats after.jpg

a little something to make sure its a 1-of-a-kind ha

oo and the seats im recovering

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

duck blind1.jpg

started the duck blind yesterday, still needs some shadow grass but this will have to do for now

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

fog light.jpg

built a mount and hooked-up a fog light on the rig

herefishy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's sweet, ducky. My lakesport is a duck blind too. I'll post the picks on my thread - I don't want to hijack yours.

Did you just use an automotive fog light? I'm looking for lighting solutions - all the marine rated stuff is $$$$$$$$$.

~Fishy

Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm no duck hunter and am usually not a big fan of camo boats but this one is cool! Real nice work.

I'll post the picks on my thread - I don't want to hijack yours.

Thanks for practicing good forum courtesy herefishy. Here's how I usually handle it: I never post in-line pictures in someone else's thread (unless it's just a simple question thread) but I think it's perfectly acceptable to post a picture link.

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey man you can post whatever you want on here. i dont care! i'd be happy to see more camo on this site lol

i just had a hard time finding ideas for camouflaging and stuff, so i posted to help the next guy.

as for the light yeah its just a regular 6 inch kc light off my old truck. a deer tryed to eat the other one so i just had this one sitting around.

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks EZ! its been a fun project and now my father wants me to re-do his old boat so ill probably have more to come.

herefishy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i just had a hard time finding ideas for camouflaging and stuff, so i posted to help the next guy.

Your Camo scheme is Duckin' wicked! I love it.

All my buddies are mad at me, because I'm remodeling the duck blind during duck season! As a matter of fact, today is opening day for round two in Texas.

~Fishy

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your Camo scheme is Duckin' wicked! I love it.

All my buddies are mad at me, because I'm remodeling the duck blind during duck season! As a matter of fact, today is opening day for round two in Texas.

~Fishy

aww man same thing here! my buddies got mad because we missed the early season but i'm ready for our opening day that is tomorrow.

i cut the stencils myself it took a while but def worth it!

i checked out your boat that thing is awesome! i wish i could have a boat that big (being a bigger guy and all) but the rivers here in SC are a little tight

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

boat and truck.jpgdeer on a duck hunting trip1.jpgjake watching some ducks.jpg

1st trip out was kind of ruff, nailed a deer with the truck/boat trailer on the way (thankfully it wasnt damaged). other than that all went well Jake got to get wet and the boat ran good.

herefishy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How did that fog light work for you, Ducky? Did you navigate in the dark? I'm really interested in your lighting solution.

~the Fish

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It worked great! I was worried it would kill my battery fast but it was fine. The only problem that i had was adjusting it to the right angle but having a buddy riding with me at the time solved that.

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

houston we have a problem....

the boat sprung a leak on our last trip not sure from where yet tho so i invested in a bilge pump. (best $20 ive ever spent on my boat haha)

jj.jpg
you can see the water line here

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

found the leak a bolt fell out of the transom

all duck'd up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

check out the motor cover my wife made out of a old camo shirt. now i need to paint my bright green battery and tank or wrap them too.

motor cover1.jpg motor cover2.jpg

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Motor cover is genius :D Just make sure it don't blow off going down the road, that would be a bummer.