president tonight- thoughts?

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: president tonight- thoughts?

What overwhelming force to me means, is enough to complete the entire mission and soundly thump our enemy.<br /><br />Overwhelming force to start the mission, then train foreign forces half way through to complete what we started is a new warfare tactic.<br />In fact, the mission appears to be that our hope is they finish the mission.<br />There's nothing wrong in soundly defeating the enemy and training a police force to restore civility. But training a police force to be fodder for our undefeated enemy is clearly a failed mission.<br />No wonder "it's tough", "isn't easy" and "will take time".<br /><br />In 10-20 years all the Generals currently involved in this will be writing books telling you exactly what some of us already suspect.<br /><br /> I'm with you Vlad, if you want to lose a war leave it to a politician. If you want to win a war leave it to the Pentagon.<br /><br /> PW brought up the "Powell doctrine" and largely a sensible post. There's definately more than one jug of "kool-aid" being chugged from.<br />While the Democrats swill causes sedicious reasoning, the Republican one surely causes denial and desperate hope.<br /><br />The only chance of winning this in the next 50 years (if ever)is if we have a Powell-Swartzkopf Presidency next go round. And I hope to god it's on an Independent ticket.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by BrettNC:<br />To say all of the terrorists showed up after the war started is either just plain ignorant or you are desperate for anything to support your argument. Which is very weak.<br /><br /><br />There never was a suicide bombing in Iraq before we arrived? You're kidding. Wait, I can't believe this. I, I can't... Wow you really got me there. Yeah I guess there were no terrorists before we arrived. <br /><br />No suicide bombings in Iraq before we arrived. That really says something! That Sadam, what a great leader!!!<br /><br />
You are right when you say the terrorists were already there, but only due to a technicality. You see, the insurgency, estimated at around 16,000, is compromised of roughly 95% Iraqis and 5% foreigners. So yes, what the US is calling terrorists were there before we invaded, because it is where they live. Oh wait, I think they are called rebels now since we are holding talks with them. WE WILL NOT NEGOCIATE WITH TERRORISTS.<br /><br />And in reply to the no suicide bombings before we invaded. Look it up. It is a fact. I know how people like you hate that word. Fact, fact, fact. You could have saved yourself from looking like an idiot if you'd have just listened. And it has nothing to do with the Saddam being a good leader. The region was stable. people knew what would happen to them if they started blowing holes in Baghdad. <br /><br />Terrorists weren't training in Iraq either. This is old news. Now Iraq has become the old Afghanistan or even worse according to the CIA and it happened right under our nose. I can provide the link to the report if you don't think you can find it on your own. And remember, facts!

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Its been a cockup from the intelligence or lack of it at the start to the thought that we would all be welcomed with open arms as we were liberating a country. However once the dice were rolled we have a duty to stay incurring all the tragic costs until the country is stable. If we dont everybody whos lost their lives will have been in vain. <br /><br />The point I find most objectionable is the idiots who still try and link 9/11 with the reason for invading Iraq. Its just a easy way to try and garner support.

oddjob

Commander

I'm waiting.........just the fax!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by DJ:<br />
If you mean Truman i'll agree with ya.
Nope. President Clinton.
Firing off a few cruise missiles targeted at a couple of mud huts and termite mounds was a waste of tax payers dollars.<br />I'm absolutely certain that you fully understood by what i meant, i used the word "Bomb" ..remember?

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br /> <br />While the Democrats swill causes sedicious reasoning, the Republican one surely causes denial and desperate hope.<br /><br />
Finally some sense around here. It will take military strategists to win this war, not political ideology.

mattttt25

Commander

man, i just thought it was a weak speech by the pres. didn't mean for it to turn into this.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> man, i just thought it was a weak speech by the pres. didn't mean for it to turn into this.
Same ole group.... yaaawdeee yawdeee yawdeee..but at least here they all seem to play well together in the sand box at the end of the day :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Powell-Swartzkopf Presidency next go round. And I hope to god it's on an Independent ticket.<br />
I believe I could get on board for that ticket.... :)

oddjob

Commander

er where are the facts? mbrscott#...still waiting...what were you talking about?

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

"The region was stable"...........<br /><br />Quit now, you're losing big.