Prayers and Thoughts request.

nlain

Commander
Re: Prayers and Thoughts request.

Still thinking of you and yours, I truly hope she is not suffering too much, I watched mother-in-law go like that many years ago. May God give you all the strength and comfort to get through this.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just back from the hospice for a couple of hours and then back we will go. Shirley is not eating or drinking and is displaying all the characteristics mentioned in the "last few days"section of the books we have read about this.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hang in there....... you are with family and still in our prayers

aspeck

Staff member

The last days can be quite difficult. I went through this with both my MIL and FIL (both were wonderful people, btw). MIL had ALS and FIL cancer. With that history, all I can tell you is that you have a lot of friends here praying for you and we are here if you need anything. Follow your heart and don't let anyone put pressure on you and yours to do more or less than you feel you need to do.

And probably the most important advise I can give is not to dwell on the symptoms you see know. Don't dwell on the disease. Use this time to remember and talk about all the good times ... those are the thoughts you want to keep forever. Make this time a celebration of Shirley's life, not a mournful waiting game for the end.

I pray for God's mercy, grace, and strength to help you through these difficult days.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

The last days can be quite difficult. I went through this with both my MIL and FIL (both were wonderful people, btw). MIL had ALS and FIL cancer. With that history, all I can tell you is that you have a lot of friends here praying for you and we are here if you need anything. Follow your heart and don't let anyone put pressure on you and yours to do more or less than you feel you need to do.

And probably the most important advise I can give is not to dwell on the symptoms you see know. Don't dwell on the disease. Use this time to remember and talk about all the good times ... those are the thoughts you want to keep forever. Make this time a celebration of Shirley's life, not a mournful waiting game for the end.

I pray for God's mercy, grace, and strength to help you through these difficult days.

Thanks aspeck and everyone,
We are actually doing what you are suggesting, a celebration of her life indeed. Lots of chat, fond memories and laughter remembering the good times and the amusing times. Mrs Ken and I have been staying here at the hospice the last couple of nights and will be here again tonight. Staff here are amazing. can't say enough nice things about them

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Shirley passed away quietly and gracefullly on 17th November 2011 at 5:45 p.m. May she rest in peace. She was 81 years old.
The entire Kenmyfamily would like to thank each and every one of you for your support during this difficult time.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Shirley passed away quietly and gracefullly on 17th November 2011 at 5:45 p.m. May she rest in peace. She was 81 years old.
The entire Kenmyfamily would like to thank each and every one of you for your support during this difficult time.
May God rest her soul and give you and your family the strength to be at peace with her passing.

Keep the faith, Ken.

nlain

Commander

Sorry to hear of your loss, she is at peace now, no more pain and suffering. May God strengthen and comfort you and yours through this time.

angus63

Captain

My sympathies for you and the family.

southkogs

Staff member

Our deepest condolences to you and your family. May you all be blessed by God's peace and comfort as you grieve her passing.

aspeck

Staff member

The aspeck family is praying for God's strength and peace to help you and yours through this difficult time. Again, if you need to talk, you know where to find me ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member

May God lay His calming hands on you and your family. Try and focus on the good times......

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Sorry to hear that Ken.

I pray you and your family receives solace during your time of grieving.

God speed Shirley.

sasto

Captain

Sorry for the loss to the KenFamily. And may you always know, wherever you may go, no matter where you are, no matter what you do....she will always be there looking over you and yours.

Jeep Man

Commander

My condolences to you, Mrs. Ken and you family. Remember the fun times and take comfort in the fact that Shirley is at peace, without pain, and surrounded by family and friends gone before her.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

God speed to Shirley and my families thoughts and Prayers to you and yours Ken....

tallcanadian

Captain

I'm sorry for your loss. These posts have been very sad but now she is in a better place. You did everything you could to make her last days peaceful. God bless you and yours.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. Sorry for your loss.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Visitation over the weekend and funeral this morning. We never knew that she knew so many people !!!! The family are doing OK and we know she is now watching over us.
Thanks again everyone for all your messages, wishes and condolences. They have been extremely comforting to the entire family.

Ken.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Now she is at peace and no longer in pain. She lived a long life, their should be many fond memories to comfort you and the family in the coming days.

My Mom also died at 81, the last 4 yrs. were not at all pleasant for her or us. Minutes after she passed I felt this huge weight being lifted off of me.
And it gave me great comfort to know she was now at peace and no longer suffering. She had a very strong belief and faith in where she was going and was ready to go there. We didn't mourn her passing we celebrated her life.