Prayers and Thoughts request.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prayers and Thoughts request.

Thanksgiving dinner went extremely well. Graham did a great job with dinner and Shirley was in good spirits. Entire Kenmyfamily were present and all went really well. Shirley is going for pre-admission to the hospital today and will be admitted tomorrow for the minor surgery to relieve the pressure on her liver. She is indeed pretty yellow right now. Will keep you all posted as things progress.
Ken.

aspeck

Staff member

Glad you had a great day yesterday ... charish each day you have. Continued prayers for the Shirley and family.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Ken - warmest wishes of hope from our family to yours from just up the 401. Great to hear Thanksgiving was a special time.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

Not all prayers are answered. Why, we don't know. But someday it will be made clear to us.

Truer words have never been spoken. Your family are in my families prayers.

Last edited:

Triton II

Commander

Ken and family, glad you had a good day together, you're still in our thoughts. All the best,

TII

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Shirley had the minor surgery yesterday afternoon to relieve the pressure on her liver. She came through O.K. and other than a little discomfort from the incision site she is feeling somewhat better and is visibly less jaundiced by the time we left the hospital last night. Going to see her at lunchtime today.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

Wishing Blessings to the family.

I have a friend in a similar situation, and cancer is cruel to everyone.

Maintain the course as best as possible, and hoping for the best.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Shirley was discharged from the hospital on Friday. She has had a rough weekend and appears to be a lot weaker than before the minor surgery last week. Personally we think she is beginning to fail quickly in the last week. Going to see her at lunchtime today and after work. We are also looking into posiible hospice care.
Once again "Thank You" to all contributers to this thread for all your prayers and support.
Ken.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Prayer's, family and hospice are a good thing. You have my support. I have been down that road.

aspeck

Staff member

^^^+1 ... as we watched my FIL pass because of cancer, it was nice to have hospice around to help with the day to day stuff and they brought a fresh perspective. I admire what hospice does.

The entire family is being remembered in our prayers ...

sasto

Captain

A positive attitude around her will go along way, Ken. Having faught that battle and won makes it hard for me to hear about anybody going thru this. Still praying for all of you, buddy.

southkogs

Staff member

Ken - That's hard to hear. Still praying for you all, and hoping for peace and healing for your family.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Long evening with Shirley last night. Mrs Ken pretty upset. Shirley is going pretty quickly downhill. Thanks for the positive attitude advice Sasto. I am using it constantly. Mrs Ken is sleeping right now, I need to sleep but am wide awake with a lot of thoughts running through my mind.Quite honestly I don't think she can go on much longer and her will is slipping away no matter what we do to try to counter things.
Thanks for reading and listening everyone.
Ken.

sasto

Captain

Watching a loved one go thru this, whether it be the cancer patient or their family, can be one of the most difficult times in our lives. I don't belive my prayers for Shirley to pull thru this can be met. If God want's her home, that's the way it will be. (difficult for me to say). But, I continue to pray for strength for her and her loved ones. Tell the Mrs. I feel her pain.

Mike

Jeep Man

Commander

My thoughts are with you and Mrs. K. Try to get a few hours of shuteye. Your no good to anyone without rest. You family will need your strength. So sorry things are not going as hoped.

Kohrah

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you. As I said before if you or anyone else here needs to physically talk with someone that's not close to the family my phone is always on and I will answer any call if I know someone needs my ear at any time. You just need to send me a PM and I'll respond with how to get a hold of me.

From someone whose seen more death in his lifetime than I hope anyone ever sees. Be wary of what my family calls "The Last Rally". When she appears this close to god already and she says she's feeling better than ever. I have yet to see anyone come back from that point. We feel that is the point in which god has taken away her pain so that she may rest in peace.

May God give you the strength to support your family in this time of need.

nlain

Commander

I do hope that things turn around, but if it is her time she will have to go on to a better place than what we have here. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family to give you all strength and comfort it this time of need.