PowerLoading

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: PowerLoading

The two major things I hate is flying debris could hit innocent folks when your prop shatters, and anyone in that area is now getting muck water pumped into their cooling system. I had a guy dislodge a carpet of sea bed that filled the area in peices for literally 2 hours. Plugged my outdrive holes.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You powerload your boat around me when I'm pulling out and the next time you go to load your boat you'll have a rear flat...and putting air in it won't fix it.

I have no problem with guys coasting up to their trailer. I do it, I run up to the bow, put a leg out to slow the boat BEFORE I hit the bow roller and clip the winch on.

It's those aholes who are sitting there gunning it at 3500rpm when I am trying to finesse my boat over the bunks. It just ends up taking me more time to pullout cause I have to wait for the idiot next to me trying to powerload into the back of his pickup.

It does cause holes at the end of the concrete. When I started boating this season after the ice thaw on the lake there were NO holes at the end of the concrete. Guess what, it's taking people 2 to 3 times longer to get there boats sitting on there trailers correctly because of the 2 holes beyond the concrete. Not to mention I'm worried I will rip the axle right off my trailer when I pull out now. If you don't think this can happen, think again. IT CAN...it happened to my dad and we had to rebuild the trailer before we could pull the boat out!!

59 starcraft

Cadet

Let's see, there is a thing on the front of the trailer called a "WINCH"........
It is there for a reason, to pull the boat up on the trailer where it needs to be. Why must you use power to load your boat???
Perhaps we need boating 101 to show us the way!!!!!
Personally, I think it should be required, much like a drivers licence.

iop

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The ramp I use I notice at least 90% of the people blast their boats up on the trailer. I come in at idle and then winch it up the rest of the way. its all about knowing exactly how deep to put the trailer.

Over time though I dont know how much power loading adds to a heavy duty concrete ramp destruction.