Post pictures of the fish you catch!!

RiverRock

Cadet
Re: Post pictures of the fish you catch!!

2012_03260004.jpg2012_03260007.JPG2012_03260008.JPGsnoho steelhead.JPGsnoco5.jpg
A few Steelhead and Coho Salmon from local rivers.

Fishin Magician

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice fish RiverRock

reminds me of fishing back home in Michigan as a kid....big SteelHead...great fighter

What did ya catch them with ...sacks ? Season is open now??

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

RiverRock

Cadet

Nice fish RiverRock

reminds me of fishing back home in Michigan as a kid....big SteelHead...great fighter

What did ya catch them with ...sacks ? Season is open now??

We don't use spawn sac's here on the west coast. We cure our eggs while the skeins are still tight, then cut them into nickle or quarter size chunks. Fresh, live Sandshrimp are killer too. Our summer run season is just about over.

RiverRock

Cadet

Nice Steelies and Coho's! I mainly fish the Russian because it's just 1/2 hour from my door. Steelies are a blast! Even the land locked ones hit like a freight train and dance until the dawn!

Yes, they are a blast, especially Summer run Steelhead. Often they will jump two feet out of the water doing cartwheels and summersaults, especially when your pulling plugs or tossing spoons in the river, we don't have any landlocked ones here and all our fish return to the rivers from the salwater/ocean.

Fishin Magician

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, they are a blast, especially Summer run Steelhead. Often they will jump two feet out of the water doing cartwheels and summersaults, especially when your pulling plugs or tossing spoons in the river, we don't have any landlocked ones here and all our fish return to the rivers from the salwater/ocean.

yeah buddy..
my uncle would take me in his drift boat and we would use plugs ...he did all the work regarding putting me in the right spot along the Kalamazoo River...I was there to haul them in .hehe. .explosions was how I recall the hits..

I have fished Lake Onterio tributaries and the Kings are huge..browns the size of footballs etc..Oswego River and Polaski are what I fish now when going for salmon...however I catch some landlock that were stocked and have held over in Lake George..up state NY...

Fish On brother....
FM

2011 laker, LG, NY.jpg a cohoe from George through the ice

Jlawsen

The land lock thing was the result of a dam for flood control. Corps of Eng. was mandated to resupply the river (Russian) with equal quantites of fish had the feeder creeks not been dam'd. The result was that 2nd generation Steelies were being planted in the River and stayed there. I'm not knowledgeable about much more than that but I can speculate that the Steelies that stayed there consumed the food supply which resulted in fewer returning Steelhead surviving their upstream journeys. The California DFG was running the hatchery at the lake under contract with the Army and the Army still needed to produce the fish so now I guess they're dumping them in the lake. With a large bass population in that lake it's hard to believe the juviniles surviving so I just have to guess that all those 10" Steelies that we C/R when going for the big dogs are from hatchery.

MRS

Commander

Okie, that there are some nice cats..

ngt

Went out fishing this morning with Jlawson and had a great time. I hooked 2, he hooked 3 and a bass. We took home a few. He caught the biggest one in the pic and I caught the two others. Good times! Thanks again man!

shead.jpg

Jlawsen

Went out fishing this morning with Jlawson and had a great time. I hooked 2, he hooked 3 and a bass. We took home a few. He caught the biggest one in the pic and I caught the two others. Good times! Thanks again man!

shead.jpg

Top 24" 3lbs
Middle 18" 2 lbs
Bottom 16" 1.5lbs.

Great relaxing, no sweat morning on the water.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

shead.jpg

Top 24" 3lbs
Middle 18" 2 lbs
Bottom 16" 1.5lbs.

Great relaxing, no sweat morning on the water.

Y'all should post a separate report on these fish!

Where (what body of water) did you catch them, how deep were they, what you caught them on, trolling speed, how many hits and misses, how many beers were drank, who caught what and who sat on their butt... this is valuable information!;)

When are y'all going to do some salt water fishin', some crabbin', go for some Stripers?

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

only cat that bit this evening. but i have filleted 76 nice bluegills since monday. 38 then 38 today.

10lbs. released. caught this one on one of the heads that ide froze from the gills i cleaned on monday. saved them all for bait. heads are my go to bait.9-8-12.jpg

Alan_Scott

Seaman

Caught this one last spring, about 2 weeks after the ice came off.

spring trout 12.jpg

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Nice bow.. Lots of good color, looks like the water was cold and the fish were healthy! I'm going to have to get over your way this spring. My sister-inlaw's nephew is guiding in Co. I think I'll get the details and setup a trip for next spring.

T_Herrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

Caught this catfish in cedar lake Nashua Iowafish.jpgfish2.jpg

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

only cat that bit this evening. but i have filleted 76 nice bluegills since monday. 38 then 38 today.

10lbs. released. caught this one on one of the heads that ide froze from the gills i cleaned on monday. saved them all for bait. heads are my go to bait.View attachment 167322

So you're just guessing at the weight???

When someone weighs a fish they will say 10#-3oz. or 10#-7oz. or whatever.

When people guess at the weight they will say it was a 2 lber., a 5 lber., a 10 lber.... and there's a huge difference between guessed weight and actual weight, actual weight will be considerably less in 99% of the cases.

It's extremely rare for a fish to weigh even money pounds, and length and girth are actually more impressive than estimated lbs.

Alan_Scott

Seaman

Nice bow.. Lots of good color, looks like the water was cold and the fish were healthy! I'm going to have to get over your way this spring. My sister-inlaw's nephew is guiding in Co. I think I'll get the details and setup a trip for next spring.

If I remember right, the surface temp was still in the low 50's that day. In the spring, I use a barrel swivel with a 1/4 oz. red/chrome Kastmaster. Below the Kastmaster (no hook on it) about 2' of leader and then another swivel with a worm on a hook. Somewhere around the lower swivel I put a split shot to keep the worm down. Then I just drop it over the side of the boat so the worm is 15' - 20' down and then slowly bob the whole mess up and down. Sometimes I'm are anchored up and sometimes just drifting but I never use this fishing style when under power.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

good god it was 10lbs 5 oz i got the pic of the scale if ya need to see it.

ive caught 99 channels this year i got no need to make myself feel better by lying.

Attachments

• 9-8-2012.jpg
    9-8-2012.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0