Post pictures of the fish you catch!!

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Post pictures of the fish you catch!!

any way i came here to show tonights catch. 10 total. another nice channel released. it weighed 7lbs 12-14 ozs to be exact. lol. also released a 2ish lb channel that was void of the gold and slate most have. he was mostly white. released him on the cool factor. the 8 fish stringer i brought home was 25 lbs 3 oz.

Attachments

• 8 fish.jpg
    8 fish.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 0
  • white.jpg
    white.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • white2.jpg
    white2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0

fishrdan

Admiral

So you're just guessing at the weight???

When someone weighs a fish they will say 10#-3oz. or 10#-7oz. or whatever.

When people guess at the weight they will say it was a 2 lber., a 5 lber., a 10 lber.... and there's a huge difference between guessed weight and actual weight, actual weight will be considerably less in 99% of the cases.

:confused: He's not submitting that fish for an IGFA record or anything....... :confused:

10# is close enough for me, even if it's a 8#er or a 12#er, I don't care. The pic doesn't lie, he caught a nice fish.

I tell people all the time I caught a 10#er, or a 15#er, or a 20#er,,, when I didn't even weight the fish. I've caught and weighed enough of them that I know approximately what they weigh, and if I'm off a couple pounds, they don't care, same goes the other way around.

hotshot123

Petty Officer 3rd Class

since the striper/wiper bite has finally slowed down, i decided to try for some cats. here are some of the ones ive caught in the last couple of weeks. i do not have exact weight on any of them so i will just say i caught a few nice ones and a lot of eating size. mostly blue cat and a few flatheads all from drifting down the coosa river with shad.8_9.jpgbig flatty.jpgbluecat.jpgbluecat2.jpgfewstripe+cat.jpg

MRS

Commander

Hotshot nice fish I got this baby yesterday I was going to guess the weight but do not want to upset any one so will just show it off.:p
407.jpg

fishrdan

Admiral

Hotshot nice fish I got this baby yesterday I was going to guess the weight but do not want to upset any one so will just show it off.:p
407.jpg

AH HA! The old "holding the fish really close to the camera" trick, it's not foolin' any of us out here MRS :D

MRS

Commander

Forgot to say my fingers are 3ft. long...:rolleyes:

catfishcarl99

nice one. ide estimate him at 1.5 oz but prob a HUGE difference in actual weight lmao.

well i hit it again tonight 9/11. boated 10 fish making my total 109 cats in 2012. nice fish hotshot. i so wish the lake here had blues.:mad:

i got another 10 lb fish. and this time its scaled on video. bouncing between 10.1 and 9.14. released. and the other 9 i harvested weighed in at 33 lbs total.

first pic was #100. tried to get one more the other night but failed. released a 10.5oz on sat a 7.14oz sunday and another 10 tonight.

some wildlife as i drove down to ramp.

Attachments

• today3.jpg
    today3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • today6.jpg
    today6.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
  • today1.jpg
    today1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 0

hotshot123

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yeah that one is nice. ive never seen a stiper that size. i caught a similar size shad the other day but he was foul hooked so i cant count him

sschefer

Rear Admiral

MRS - LOL, I had three or four of those chasing a poper I was throwing with my fly rod awhile back. I kept looking at them and think, you dumb fish, the dang hook is bigger than you.. I fish up north of you mostly and I've always wondered if there were any fish down south, now I know... LOL...

catfishcarl99

profiler_zpsea195bd5.jpg

20-1_zps05b3b0b5.jpg

20_zps2ff29743.jpg

20-2_zpsd31c1e93.jpg

went out last night on my birthday. caught 28 total. released the 10.7oz in the pic and a 6.10oz one and 6 dinks.

catfishcarl99

these 28 caught tonight made 143 this season since jan 01. shooting for 200 by end of season.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

^^^Damn, nice fish!

biggambler25

Cadet

46in 21 girth Tiger muskie, Blue water lake in NM believe it or not! Tiger muskie fishing on fire over there. my friend caught a 43 in same day a couple hrs later..It was hard to do but I did release it after pic.:)

biggambler25

Cadet

Caught on a dynamic fx fury lure. Water was about 8 ft deep. caught a few others in the 26 to 34 in. range.

Vtbassfisher

Recruit

Man! That 9.6 lb largemouth would be a state record here in Minnesota, and by almost a pound. We grow lots of bass up here, but they don't get to 10 lb. I envy you folks in the southern states....well, sorta. You don't have big northerns or muskies.

I would have to agree there are some big bass caught here in VT maybe 7-9 lbs, 9 is pushing it, but those are out of Lake Champlain other than that a 3 lbs one is about the biggest they get.