Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

Thanks man. Yes that. Why won't it dump pictures directly in? Do I have to host those?

It is much easier to do when you host the pics on say photobucket and copy and paste them to the forum.

jefrow18

Recruit

How does your Acadia do towing the tahoe? I'm thinking of towing my 2004 Tahoe 204 with my 2007 Acadia...

Got my Smart Tab's installed! And man do they make a difference! Highly recommended!

20120903_171414.jpg

And the wakeboard tower with my tow rig.
20120728_194530.jpg

saintv90

Seaman Apprentice

It gets the job done. She struggles a little up hills but in general its fine. You know its back there...unlike when I towed it with my v8 jeep. But for everyday driving i get better gas mileage out of the acadia...so its a fair trade off.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

It gets the job done. She struggles a little up hills but in general its fine. You know its back there...unlike when I towed it with my v8 jeep. But for everyday driving i get better gas mileage out of the acadia...so its a fair trade off.

It looks like the rear suspension is bottomed out from the tongue weight. Now all you need is to get a nice new prop like the Mercury Enertia!

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

My Saturn Outlook (pretty much same car) tows just fine. No issue with suspension compression.

My guess he has it lowered - aftermarket.

saintv90

Seaman Apprentice

Denali is all stock and I have no problems with suspension bottoming out. I think it looks like that because of where I parked.

jefrow18

Recruit

So I towed my 2004 Tahoe 204 about 160 miles with no problems at all with the Acadia. Going to take the boat out for the first time today!!!

Denali is all stock and I have no problems with suspension bottoming out. I think it looks like that because of where I parked.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

So I towed my 2004 Tahoe 204 about 160 miles with no problems at all with the Acadia. Going to take the boat out for the first time today!!!

Good luck hope all goes well!

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah that might be it. I know when I tow my boat with my Sequoia it does pull the suspension down some too. I even have brand new struts. Hopefully within 4 months I will have a brand new F150 to tow it around!!

On the water

Cadet

Yeah that might be it. I know when I tow my boat with my Sequoia it does pull the suspension down some too. I even have brand new struts. Hopefully within 4 months I will have a brand new F150 to tow it around!!

Prince, the F150 is a good choice. Mine tows our Q7 like it isn't even back there.

jefrow18

Recruit

Ok, so went out on the water yesterday and had a blast. The Tahoe is a great family boat. Love it. Now here is the only downside that I found... Went to trailer the boat and found the only issue and that is when I bring it on the trailer it comes in with the bow way to low... I had to lift the bow up about 4 to 5 inches while the wife tightened the winch. I'm thinking I need to some how add a support beam up front and a couple guide ons... Here is a picture of the boat sitting on the trailer. If you notice the red box in the picture that's where it hit coming on the trailer.44274_4586016178342_540919081_n.jpg

Good to hear! I want the ecoboost Platinum!

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

jefrow18,

Mine will do that depending upon the angle of the landing at the lake. I just put my back under it and lift up while I crank up the winch. I feel like I am pushing a cow into the stall like the old days...lol. I put on roller guides on both sides also which REALLY helps when driving it on.

On the water

Cadet

Good to hear! I want the ecoboost Platinum!

Defintely a good choice - the Platinum is a very nice truck. I test drove one but settled on an FX4 (which I am very happy with). I have the ecoboost engine and can't say enough good things about it.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Defintely a good choice - the Platinum is a very nice truck. I test drove one but settled on an FX4 (which I am very happy with). I have the ecoboost engine and can't say enough good things about it.

I can't wait to get it!

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ok, so went out on the water yesterday and had a blast. The Tahoe is a great family boat. Love it. Now here is the only downside that I found... Went to trailer the boat and found the only issue and that is when I bring it on the trailer it comes in with the bow way to low... I had to lift the bow up about 4 to 5 inches while the wife tightened the winch. I'm thinking I need to some how add a support beam up front and a couple guide ons... Here is a picture of the boat sitting on the trailer. If you notice the red box in the picture that's where it hit coming on the trailer.View attachment 181398

I had the same problem with my Q7. It is all about how far in the water you put the trailer. Try not putting it in as far and see if it brings the bow up higher when you are trailering. It will take a few times to get it just right. It is a 2004, and likely has been this way a long time, so I doubt it is set up wrong. Try pulling the trailer out a 6" at a time til it clears the front.

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine dont look like that. i just have the straps for the front. i dont have the rear straps.

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I could be wrong, but i do not think that trailer is made for that boat. See the front roller in the middle of the trailer up towards the front? That should be supporting the keel of the boat. there should also be a higher roller where the winch strap hooks onto the boat.

cruisedog98

Recruit

Hey guys i got a 2009 Tahoe 195 last season and i put a nice wake-board tower with speakers and such and ill post pictures later. The speakers i have are 2 Infinity pods that are 4 speakers on the tower with intercom and six 7.7 inch JL audio in the boat running 2 amps and 2 batteries and a Kenwood deck. This year im wanting to upgrade it further maybe adding a subwoofer. But i dont have a good place to put it as of yet ideas??? I know its early in the season to ask but im trying to get it boat ready by May.

Also im running a MerCruiser 4.3L V-6 190hp engine. Now i know its only a V-6 but its actually pretty good and gas is amazing. My question is what kind of engine parts can i add to help the performance. It does kinds start up slow and when wake boarding its kinda bad. I currently have a 3 blade prop should i go to a 4 prop? New engine mods? I tried to put Smart tabs on it but it wont work due to the massive slope in the back. Still wish i could put some smart tabs on it.

Any other awesome ideas?

Btw my boat is called Panty-dropper :D...... for a reason.

Update 4/23- Adding a Marine JBL 10inch 250w subwoofer under the steering wheel later this week. So far this is the loudest boat ive heard to date and the intercom system is awesome. Think im gonna add some night running lights and new 4 prop as suggested next. Pics to come as i get it all in and cleaned up