Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

Nice boat Boatdrinks. Can I ask how you stow the fishing seats in the engine bay? I have 2010 Q5i and theres no way to secure the seats back there.
With the second battery the first seat sits in there very well and seems to hold steady. The other one was pefectly positioned from the dealer and sat in there very well right on top of it. But since i took it out...its a little suspect with any bumps. It has a nice spot on my garage floor :) But i rarely if ever use either seat (spring crappie/sunny fishing). I stand while casting for bass.

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

With the second battery the first seat sits in there very well and seems to hold steady. The other one was pefectly positioned from the dealer and sat in there very well right on top of it. But since i took it out...its a little suspect with any bumps. It has a nice spot on my garage floor :) But i rarely if ever use either seat (spring crappie/sunny fishing). I stand while casting for bass.
Ok I will have to check that out, I like what you did with the engine compartment lighting , I might just do that also. What I want to do is find a way to incorporate rod storage on the boat and convert the cooler into a live well so I can use it for larger fish when I need to.

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

Here is my exhaust, trim tabs
IMG_0710.jpg

my carb setup and exhaust
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

last one behind my suburban
bullardsbar014.jpg

I gotta ask you what is the divider in the engine compartment separating the engine from the batter area?Did you do that or was that from the factory?

sweetchuck08

Cadet

If you figure out rod holders let me know. I always have a mess of rods to untangle.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The divider was already there, I just utilized it more for my needs or battery needs.

my pole holders I shaped a 2x4 to the contour of the boat hull, the siliconed them to the hull and mounted my pole holders to the wood. The pole holders are just the berkley rod holers the front holder is a twist lock and the rear just slide in place.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

sweetchuck08

Cadet

Wow that looks awesome, and exactly what I need.did you silicone the 2x4's right to the carpet, or did you cut the carpet away? I already have a pair of this rod holders, I definitely have to try that.

Also, can you tell me how you add your boat information to the bottom of each of your posts? I like to see that so I know exactly what your setup is if I have a specific question.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

atop of the web page go to settings, once on that page column on the left, my setting, edit signature is what you want. yes I cut back the carpet you can use any type of glue I choose silicone because it was hard to shape to the hull and the wood did not fit exact , there where gaps, so I used something that would be gap filling, it has been on over a year and half, flawless. 2x4 might be to big I had a couple of broken wheel barrel handles that I used, hardwood pain in the ***** to shape, then painted black to match the rod holders, I suggested 2x4 cause that was my original plan but had the broken handled wheel barrel that well needed new handles.

Wow that looks awesome, and exactly what I need.did you silicone the 2x4's right to the carpet, or did you cut the carpet away? I already have a pair of this rod holders, I definitely have to try that.

Also, can you tell me how you add your boat information to the bottom of each of your posts? I like to see that so I know exactly what your setup is if I have a specific question.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Woo hoo...we finally got the OEM bimini top installed! No more frying in the sun all day long. I really don't like the straps and wish they were poles but oh well.

The latest upgrade was the Smart Tabs!!

file.jpg

saintv90

Seaman Apprentice

Got my Smart Tab's installed! And man do they make a difference! Highly recommended!

20120903_171414.jpg

And the wakeboard tower with my tow rig.
20120728_194530.jpg

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

Zigo,

That is sweet looking boat. I like the graphics. Where was the picture taken?

Zigo

Cadet

Lake Minnewanka- glacial lake so its to cold to really play in the water and its VERY deep. Got probably a one in a life time day there, not a ripple on the water.

Have so many beautiful pictures of the boat there.

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

Here are some pics of my boat. We added a ski tower (including spot lights), tower speakers with amp, a second battery and upgraded the stereo to a Fusion 600 so it would integrate directly with my iphone and keep it out of the elements.

View attachment 152468
I like the ski tower and the hand rails on the bow, sweet looking boat.

DWHANC00

Recruit

Can anyone comment, and provide any pictures, on their fishing electronics? I see a few pictures with transom mounted transducers, anyone have any side imaging fish finders? Where did you mount your display? Any insight is appreciated! I have a 2011 Tahoe Q5 and just ordered a humminbird 898. Trying to decide on both locations. Thanks in advance!

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

It depends entirely on what the capabilities of your fish finder is and whether you want to troll from the drivers seat. I have two fish finders, one is a transom mount that runs to the dash. I use this one to drive to locations using the Lake Master map stored in the unit. I also troll with my big motor for pike and pass and use this finder to guide my route through the right water depth.

Of course when I'm on the bow casting, I cant see a dash mount. For this I splurged on the Minnkota Terrova with the US built into the troller head. I rigged up an aluminum plate and connected it to the troller unit itself. It took work to power both a 24V and 12V on the front of my deck boat and have a clean way to remove it all for swimming, but I did it. I made a post about all of this somewhere, I can dig it up later. As I used the same base in both, I can move my finder from the dash to the bow at will. I do have a B+W craigslist finder head so I can use both at the same time, but that rarely happens. If I had another competent fisherman fishing off the back maybe....

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

It depends entirely on what the capabilities of your fish finder is and whether you want to troll from the drivers seat. I have two fish finders, one is a transom mount that runs to the dash. I use this one to drive to locations using the Lake Master map stored in the unit. I also troll with my big motor for pike and pass and use this finder to guide my route through the right water depth.

Of course when I'm on the bow casting, I cant see a dash mount. For this I splurged on the Minnkota Terrova with the US built into the troller head. I rigged up an aluminum plate and connected it to the troller unit itself. It took work to power both a 24V and 12V on the front of my deck boat and have a clean way to remove it all for swimming, but I did it. I made a post about all of this somewhere, I can dig it up later. As I used the same base in both, I can move my finder from the dash to the bow at will. I do have a B+W craigslist finder head so I can use both at the same time, but that rarely happens. If I had another competent fisherman fishing off the back maybe....

You mean this?

http://forums.iboats.com/tahoe-boat...-detector-tahoe-216-a-564253.html#post3873864

cruisedog98

Recruit

Hey guys i got a 2009 Tahoe 195 last season and i put a nice wake-board tower with speakers and such and ill post pictures later. The speakers i have are 2 Infinity pods that are 4 speakers on the tower with intercom and six 7.7 inch JL audio in the boat running 2 amps and 2 batteries and a Kenwood deck. This year im wanting to upgrade it further maybe adding a subwoofer. But i dont have a good place to put it as of yet ideas??? I know its early in the season to ask but im trying to get it boat ready by May.

Also im running a MerCruiser 4.3L V-6 190hp engine. Now i know its only a V-6 but its actually pretty good and gas is amazing. My question is what kind of engine parts can i add to help the performance. It does kinds start up slow and when wake boarding its kinda bad. I currently have a 3 blade prop should i go to a 4 prop? New engine mods? I tried to put Smart tabs on it but it wont work due to the massive slope in the back.

Any other awesome ideas?

Btw my boat is called Panty-dropper :D...... for a reason.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

cruisedog98,

Mount the subwoofer under the steering wheel below the dash. That is where I have seen most people mount them. If I put in a sub that is where I would put mine. I will try to find a picture for you.

I would go with a four blade aluminum or a stainless for your boat. You will have to drop a pitch if you go with stainless.