Post count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
I saw this in a thread, and thought, No, he must have at least ONE post, since I'm looking at the post.....

Powersct
Cadet

recruit.gif

tpenfield

Staff member
Yea, I am seeing that some areas of the site do not update, or have a significant delay in updating. Number of posts, latest post on the main forums page, etc.

I'm sure that most/all of these issues are known, and presumably will get addressed.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm sure that most/all of these issues are known, and presumably will get addressed.

Correct. Post count? I never look at mine. I wouldn't know if it was or wasn't working. They'll eventually fix it. Bigger fish to fry at the moment...

piperjoe

Chief Petty Officer
My post count is stuck on 170; glad to see the problem is known.

Safe boating,

Joe

piperjoe

Chief Petty Officer
Now THAT was interesting! Now, after just posting the above the post count LEAPS to 171...

Safe boating,

Joe

bassman284

Commander
I'm going to have to remember to check my my post count someday. Maybe right after this post. Unless I get distrac...

southkogs

Staff member
Speak for yourselves ... I want the pay grade increase with my promotion to Admiral. Time for a little post paddin' ...

NYBo

Admiral
Mine has been stuck for maybe the last 10 posts. Maybe this one will register. If so, I'll donate my per-post incentive pay to MTboatguy. ;)

EDIT: Yep, I think it worked.

Fun Times

Staff member
Interesting, the counter seemsto work here, but not on other threads.
I've noticed that and other similar oddities as well.

For example the paragraph spacing works correctly in private messaging and a few other forum topics, but not all of them. Edit: You can see where the pharagraph spacing was done/tried by the bigger gap between where I ended "well". and started "For"

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The count is not updated if you get the data base error. You were lucky. :smile:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I've not had any formatting errors w/ run on sentences & no paragraphs when I post from an actual computer, but nearly ever post from my phone does.

And between my Android, the Sprint network & the iboats server, there's something screwy going on w/ auto-update/auto-save or something. The cursor kept jumping around & the post window would go blank, like I'd deleted my post. Then the iboats forum window sort of flickered & the text was back in the reply window................... If I hadn't been driving, I'd have probably thrown the Android out the window............. No idea what the problem was. But it was new today, so I figure Vbullettin upgrade related. The droid has issues anyway, but never anything like this, it was completely weird....

southkogs

Staff member
... of course it would flip on that post. :dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Status
Not open for further replies.