political nausea?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
is it just me, or are you sick and tired of the<br />political banter? far right religious zealots<br />arguing with far left liberal robots... brain<br />needs a break!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: political nausea?

Sick of it, but I find it to be a nessecary evil.<br />The stakes are so just that high.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I like a good debate, but as of yet I have seen nothing but "Bush rocks, Kerry sucks" and vice versa. Anyone with even a vague clue about anything knows that it is not just the President that controls what is happening, it is the total package. In the end we have a crappy total package right now, and it may be replaced with another crappy total package. We as voters will be rolling the dice on election day no matter who we vote for, and anyone who doesn't see that has not been paying attention or is too wrapped up in a narrow point of view to see the big picture.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

MY,<br /><br />It's funny you posted this now as I just posted how I was feeling about all the trash being posted, mostly one-sided, under another topic.<br />Thanks for posting the poll.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JasonJ:<br /> I like a good debate, but as of yet I have seen nothing but "Bush rocks, Kerry sucks" and vice versa. Anyone with even a vague clue about anything knows that it is not just the President that controls what is happening, it is the total package. In the end we have a crappy total package right now, and it may be replaced with another crappy total package. We as voters will be rolling the dice on election day no matter who we vote for, and anyone who doesn't see that has not been paying attention or is too wrapped up in a narrow point of view to see the big picture.
Sorry to disagree with you JasonJ. I argue from the 'bigger picture', not from the who didn't put their tie on straight today, perspective. I'd like to see what form your debate would take. There has been plenty of substantial discussion, here on DC, regarding political philosophies, motives and whose trying to pull the wool over whose eyes. That is the bigger picture, not who made a speaking error.

BrianFD

I'm sick of it all, too, MY. One side spews on the other, ad nauseum...<br /><br />
10_2_6.gif

Homerr

Commander

I'm getting tired of them too, but you need these kinds of debates to get the truth out...<br /><br />Hang in there... the election is almost here.<br /><br />H.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I voted nauseated. <br /><br />(if confused, re-read third word above then, refer to websters)<br /><br />" Never argue with an idiot. To an outside observer you appear indistinguishable. " -unknown-<br /><br />...there is fish to catch and gas to burn out there. :D :D

jinx

Political junkie here. They way I was raised, I guess.<br /><br />Jinx

rolmops

Vice Admiral

To me it is a matter of being totally flabbergasted by how far some people are out there.I am mostly curious to see what they will come up with next.This is far better than some stupid reality show.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

MY, <br /><br />Sick and tired of extremes. Makes me glad to be a "registered" independent. I'd like to see these forums get back to their original intent - something to do with boating - and can the political stuff. We get quite enogh of that from the media.<br /><br />tcube

Skinnywater

Commander

I like substantive debate and objective dissection of facts.<br /><br />The regurgitated opinion, daily news story's, and arguing has become pretty sour on the stomach.<br /><br />But then yet again, it's no big deal either.<br />We're not being graded and it's all fairly harmless.<br />There's something for everyone here on iboats.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Should have had a third option.....<br /><br />Enjoy some, but mostly nauseated.<br /><br /><br />Chris........

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ditto skinny, I like a good debate of issues and<br />facts MYself, but what I see almost daily is far<br />right or left ridiculous, obvious trolls. I am as<br />guilty as anyone here getting hooked into them,<br />but it's way past beating a dead horse now IMHO.<br /><br />guess that's why mom never allowed politics and <br />religion to be discussed at the dinner table.

oddjob

Commander

Looks like we could use some pepto-bimal(sp) :eek:

sangerwaker

Commander

I voted nauseated. Seems to me all the political ads started earlier than normal this year. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it..from both sides.<br /><br />Yes, it does help to uncover the truth about the candidates, but how much is BS?<br /><br />I do like oddjob's idea. I bet you could sell that stuff..."Political Pepto"

SCO

Lieutenant

Hey,I guess I am a culprit. Well, Somebody has to school Mr. Scott..... :eek: Speaking of that, I havn't seen posts from PW2 lately. Maybe we got through to him 12. Ok, maybe it is all getting nauseating, but before we turn out the light, somebody should make a compendium of 12'r's posts. One heck of a writer. Inspires me, lets me know there are still people around that have a grip on what this country is about. Glad I didn't miss that.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I enjoy a good debate also. Unfortunately, as stated above, there isn't much debate, only posturing from both sides. The reality is that the system is broke. No matter who wins, dem or rep, whatever benefit that is brought will be felt by a very few, comprised of whatever special interest groups, organizations, businesses, or agencies that contributed the most to a campaign, or has enough lobbists and PAC money to obtain a position on the winning party's agenda. The common folk, you and I, will continue to struggle through our daily routine, and suffer from whatever ideological policies are passed, whether it be that those policies are from the conservatives, and more beneficial for the rich, and therefore more of a burden on the working middle class, or from liberals, and more beneficial for the poor, and therefore more of a burden on the working middle class. Either way, we are the forgotten ones who are meant to pay the bills, and shut up.<br /><br />My name is Capt. Kidd, and I approved this message.