PlayDoh’s 16 SS resto underway

PlayD0h

Petty Officer 1st Class
Those photos look great. The 3M super 77 worked well for me applying vinyl flooring to my varnished plywood.

Good to hear. I have 2 extra cans now that I learned it won’t work for the carpet, lol. @ $15 a can.

I stood at Lowe’s and hummed and hawed at the carpet glue vs contact cement. Both were $50 a gallon, but I went with the contact cement. In part because I know it’ll work for other things, and 99% sure it’ll get the job done.

Now Im wondering if I should buck up and replace my spruce ply with fir on the paneling. 1/4” G1S fir is $45, yet 5/8” is $60. The rear casting deck will need to be 5/8” and I may as well use 5/8” on the console front pieces to use up the sheet.

I took a look at 1/4” (probably less than 1/4”) luan for my side panel redesign idea. I might even go with aluminum sheet but I need to source a brake to use.

Before I left for my last trip I moved the casting deck seat mount back around 9”. I used the cut out to plug the old hole and it’s not obvious. I made the mistake of just putting the mount where I did by using dozer’s measurements. I’d guess my measurement from the rear of the deck was different than his, or he preferred to be that close to the bow. The only downside in the new spot is there’s no stepping on the deck when you get down in a hurry. It’s easy enough to step on the side of the casting deck, and the step down to the main deck isn’t difficult either.

I did almost went arse over tea-kettle once, which gave the wife a laugh. I was going back and forth from the bow seat to the rear, and upon returning to the bow seat I mistakenly assumed the seat was facing forward, when it was sideways. I went to lean back and got that instant adrenaline rush, and just managed to hook my foot on the bow and save me from a decent fall.