FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is there an easy way to change the o-rings and seal on the steering pivot tube in the middle housing on a 275 out drive? Hows this bugger come apart with the fewest headaches? Thanks.
Thanks Don. I was hoping there was a way to get the lower one in without removing the lower unit.Also the parts diagram showed a seal at the bottom of the tube, I ordered it, is it necessary?
You actually need 3 orings, here is a picture with the part numbers. Items 2 & 3 usually stay in the intermediate housing. You'll see when you get it apart.
The top seal looks like it has an o ring built into it and it has a small tear in it. This is ware I saw water coming out when I pressurized the system with a garden hose.
The top seal looks like it has an o ring built into it and it has a small tear in it. This is ware I saw water coming out when I pressurized the system with a garden hose.